Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he doesn't get dropped for scoring an OG, had a good game I thought.

I think he shares some blame on that goal. He doesn't look comfortable dealing with those crosses to the back post.

Having said that, he's been superb in every other aspect. It's incredibly encouraging, especially given the fact that he's only 23. He has been solid in most areas and has the ability to influence the outcome of matches, which is uncommon in a fullback (though apparently not at Everton).

It must feel strange for Baines at the moment because you've got to wonder when will Oviedo give Martinez the excuse to put Baines back in, Oviedo has been fantastic and for what we lose in Baines' free kicks we gain with Oviedo's long shots. Whatever happens I wouldn't be surprised to see our left back position being one of the best performing in our games from now on due to how fierce competition is for that shirt.

I thought his shot was in, what a great save that was. If that would have gone I probably would have cried. He's been immense, every game he plays he's always within a shout for MOM, definitely got my vote today.

Felt sorry for Oviedo today. he had a poor game and will probably lose his place in the side but he was played out of position. any other team in the league and he would still be in the first 11. At least we know if we sell baines we have a more than able replacement.

...he did ok, fine cross for the chance Barkley missed but you could see the difference Pienaar made when he came on. I think the 2 wide midfielders were adequate, but don't have the offensive quality as the recognised lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back