Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Baines has been at his best so far this season but I don't think Oviedo is ready to step in and completely take over his place yet regardless of whether he is playing well and has scored two goals. The competition for the place will be good though and Baines hopefully knows that he will have to work hard now not only to secure his Everton place but secure his 1st choice for England.

Watching that video, as fans we still have the hoof it in mentality...listen to everyone, "just stick it in", "hit it".....Look what a little patience gets you though :)
Thinking the same myself, embarrassing actually. What can you do though, the lids are slow to (well, anything. but especially to) change old habits.

From the Daily Mail.

Bryan Oviedo, reduced to tears by Everton team-mate Leighton Baines’s domination of the left-back berth at Goodison, could face his rival in Brazil.

They could meet in Group D’s final game in Belo Horizonte and Costa Rica’s Oviedo, finally in the Everton team after Baines was injured, said: ‘Sometimes I felt I wasn’t going to make it at Everton and I was really sad. 'I even cried when I saw I was out of the squad again.'

From the Daily Mail.

Bryan Oviedo, reduced to tears by Everton team-mate Leighton Baines’s domination of the left-back berth at Goodison, could face his rival in Brazil.

They could meet in Group D’s final game in Belo Horizonte and Costa Rica’s Oviedo, finally in the Everton team after Baines was injured, said: ‘Sometimes I felt I wasn’t going to make it at Everton and I was really sad. 'I even cried when I saw I was out of the squad again.'

Arrrr ey Bryan.

I love him so much more than you should love a man you don't know.

Starting to think Leighton going to United in January with Bryan stepping up could be the natural way to go.

If oviedo carries on the way he's been it's hard to argue that.

Fact is we're a selling club under Kenwright. 29yr old left backs that go for 12-15m are rare. We could use the money.

Said that Oviedo would be a good enough replacement for Baines, people didn't have it.

Me too la. The lad who I was arguing with made a 'Sorry - hands up I was wrong' post after the Stoke game so couldn't be arsed to rip into him. Even if he hadn't scored his goals or played as well, lidz need to trust Roberto.

Really like oviedo, got a great attitude, he has been patient waiting for a long time to get a chance to play, he hasn't moaned at all about not playing then when he gets his chance hes done more than impressed, well in oviedo lad.

...nice problem for RM, who'd have thought that a fortnight ago.

It is yeahh, i know made it's been a pleasant surprise to see how good he is, it will be interesting what he will do when baines is back if oviedo keeps playing the ways he is, tough decision, but a nice one to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back