Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;cx73ioeErmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx73ioeErmc[/video]

Love that video!:lol:

That video provides a great angle to see, very early, how in Oviedo was on that cross. The TV angle was such that you didn't think someone would be on the end of that until Oviedo got a touch. In this video, as soon as it leaves Lukaku's foot you know what will happen.

20131205-005_5214407a.jpg

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh.

He's waited patiently for over a year for this chance and hasn't put a foot wrong, having 2 very good games. If we just drop him when Baines is fit again it send out the wrong message to the players and is a bit **** on Oviedo himself. If he carries on playing well then he should stay in the team imo.

Baines has earned the right to start. However we'll have an advantage of not having to start Baines until he's 100% and can ease Baines back in as well. When Baines comes back he'll have a chance to unseat Pinnear and if he does neither maybe he'll be a spark that we need off the bench. Also seems like a player who could play left and right side as well.

Baines has earned the right to start. However we'll have an advantage of not having to start Baines until he's 100% and can ease Baines back in as well. When Baines comes back he'll have a chance to unseat Pinnear and if he does neither maybe he'll be a spark that we need off the bench. Also seems like a player who could play left and right side as well.

I'd disagree with this sorry mate.

I've watched us every game and apart from the WHU game I wouldn't say baines has done anything special. He hasn't really done much in the other games.

Having played very well against Stoke I thought he was brilliant against United. Moyes had targeted him as the weak link and you could see United doubling up personnel down their right to try and exploit him. He defended very well and then pops up with a wonderful winner. That video on the phone is actually the perfect angle to show how great the patient build up was and the excellent movement. United's defence just never got near. Very similar to the Lukaku equaliser in the derby. No more aimless ball in the box :)

I'd disagree with this sorry mate.

I've watched us every game and apart from the WHU game I wouldn't say baines has done anything special. He hasn't really done much in the other games.

Agree, hes been subdued this year, and people were saying its martinezs tactics have been proved wrong the past few games where oviedo and coleman have spent more time in the opponents last third than our own. Might be a good little kick up the arse that oviedo is stating his claim

Have to agree that he's not been himself this year. Could be because United have turned his head mind. Oviedo has shown enough on his last two starts to merit staying in the team even with Baines fit. No sense dropping the lad whatsoever.

I think with Oviedo's direct Coleman-esque style of play he is actually more suited to Martinez' system than Baines.

I love Baines but for the first time ever I'd accept him leaving if we get a good fee.

I'd sell Baines if the right money comes in. Let's see how Oviedo does whilst he's out though. Far too early to presume he'll step in and It will be as though Baines was never there. Very early doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back