Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Giggs is a left winger and now plays in central midfield. Steven Gerrard was an attacking midfielder and now sits in front of the defence. Gareth Bale was a left back for Southampton and now plays up front for Real Madrid(!).

Players change.

But like I said no point discussing it. He's been excellent at left back and will come back into the team when fit, unless sold.

All played or play the bolded roles ****ely

I dont think any player should just walk back into this side simply because they are fit.

Certainly not a left back and certainly not when his replacement has waited patiently - like a model pro - for seasons!

Oviedo will be devastated if he loses his place without fault after 2 goals in 2 solid performances.

Im sorry, i like Baines, but for me that sends out completely the wrong message to the players

Agreed. If oveido plays well he plays. Baines must do stuff to justify his selection wherever lb or lm. Vice versa.

I dont think any player should just walk back into this side simply because they are fit.

Certainly not a left back and certainly not when his replacement has waited patiently - like a model pro - for seasons!

Oviedo will be devastated if he loses his place without fault after 2 goals in 2 solid performances.

Im sorry, i like Baines, but for me that sends out completely the wrong message to the players

Don't think I agree at all. Healthy Baines goes back into the side. Oviedo may become a first choice sub or get more action at LM, but 3 great games don't make you world class. Has Baines stopped playing like a world class LB?

Delighted for Oviedo,it can't have been easy for him as understudy to a top top player who never gets injured or has a bad game.
Oviedo has never said anything negative in public,has obviously worked hard and has grabbed his chance with both hands.

All young players could learn from his example.

Don't think I agree at all. Healthy Baines goes back into the side. Oviedo may become a first choice sub or get more action at LM, but 3 great games don't make you world class. Has Baines stopped playing like a world class LB?

Don't agree. Whilst everton winning games and oveido is turning in match winning performances

Baines is bit part until he starts giving match winning performances.

Win win for everton.

All want to give match winning performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back