Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's stopping Baines taking over Pienaar's left midfield slot from next season? He'd be brilliant there imo.

playing left back is DIFFERENT to playing left midfield

look how much better coleman is at right back, its alot more difficult having your back to goal in possesion, full backs rarely have to do this

playing left back is DIFFERENT to playing left midfield

look how much better coleman is at right back, its alot more difficult having your back to goal in possesion, full backs rarely have to do this

Very much so mate.

I think Leighton could be convered to a good winger. He can run with the ball, he can cross like a beast and can score from range. Anyway, no point really thinking about it on the basis of Oviedo having two good games.

It's so good to have so many players who are comfortable in several positions.

Pienaar.. also Mirallas.. And he's a left back.

Ryan Giggs is a left winger and now plays in central midfield. Steven Gerrard was an attacking midfielder and now sits in front of the defence. Gareth Bale was a left back for Southampton and now plays up front for Real Madrid(!).

Players change.

But like I said no point discussing it. He's been excellent at left back and will come back into the team when fit, unless sold.

I dont think any player should just walk back into this side simply because they are fit.

Certainly not a left back and certainly not when his replacement has waited patiently - like a model pro - for seasons!

Oviedo will be devastated if he loses his place without fault after 2 goals in 2 solid performances.

Im sorry, i like Baines, but for me that sends out completely the wrong message to the players

I dont think any player should just walk back into this side simply because they are fit.

Certainly not a left back and certainly not when his replacement has waited patiently - like a model pro - for seasons!

Oviedo will be devastated if he loses his place without fault after 2 goals in 2 solid performances.

Im sorry, i like Baines, but for me that sends out completely the wrong message to the players

Absolutely agree and if Oviedo keeps Arsenal's right side quiet, I don't believe Mr Martinez will drop him.

Absolutely agree and if Oviedo keeps Arsenal's right side quiet, I don't believe Mr Martinez will drop him.

Imagine though if baines rises to the challenge and produces his best form when back (as he has been off the boil a lot this year imo) If oviedo produces against arsenal the way he has the last two games i for one will feel a huge sense of panic about baines leaving lessen

Imagine though if baines rises to the challenge and produces his best form when back (as he has been off the boil a lot this year imo) If oviedo produces against arsenal the way he has the last two games i for one will feel a huge sense of panic about baines leaving lessen

Take the 2 free kicks against west ham out of his season and Baines has been well below his best. I dont think he is as vital to RM everton as he was to Moyes' side mate i really dont. And tbh, its the way it should be. Left backs shouldnt be the lynch pin of the team, we should be looking at forwards and creative midfielders to do the damage.

Dont get me wrong I love Baines but if we get silly money in Jan id happily take it if it helped buy Lukaku for example.

Oviedo is 23 years old. Hes got 6 years on Baines and IMO is more than capable of doing a job while we looked at strengthening more important areas of the squad

Baines will never work at Left Mid.

He's at his most devastating running on to the ball, being so advanced means he'll have to directly try to beat his man, something which just isn't his game.

Chelsea come in, offer 20 mil for Baines. We use that 20 Mil to buy Lukaku

Oviedo becomes first choice LB and Garbutt gets promoted to back up

I may be able to live with that

Would have to be silly money for me to want to part with Baines though

I'm naming my first born son Leighton FFS, due to him scoring those free kicks against West Ham (Made a promise to the football Gods)

Chelsea come in, offer 20 mil for Baines. We use that 20 Mil to buy Lukaku

Oviedo becomes first choice LB and Garbutt gets promoted to back up

I may be able to live with that

Would have to be silly money for me to want to part with Baines though

I'm naming my first born son Leighton FFS, due to him scoring those free kicks against West Ham (Made a promise to the football Gods)

how long a wait is that likely to be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back