Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we first bought him his videos playing for Copenhagen showed that his strength was getting forward but that he would lose the ball really easily and dive in defensively. He seems to have massively improved that side of his game.

I imagine that Baines was at OT tonight and maybe his injury has given him time to reflect on what not being a part of this team would mean. He must also have wondered whether he wants to leave a team on the up for one on the way down. Seeing how Fellaini has been floundering will have given him food for thought.

Maybe Oviedo's performances will persuade Martinez that we can afford to let Baines go?

If he does stay how do we accommodate them both? Pienaar's place could be under threat or he might find himself moved in field.

He sure was...there were 2 or 3 shots of him sitting with the reserves. Think he might be cursing his metatarsal

Deserves credit for his defensive performance yesterday as well as the goal.

Valencia is very quick and strong and Oviedo dealt with him brilliantly all game.

Valencia is very quick and strong and Oviedo dealt with him brilliantly all game.

Yes he certainly did. I actually thought he would be targeted as our weak link and was worried about him defensively but now I have no fears about him. He is a good defender and support attacker and he will only get better with more appearances. Feel sorry for him being understudy to Baines though.

decision making was very good too, several times could have played it out or tried to prevent corner, but generally went safety first whcih seemed to be the correct approach

Valencia has been off form for a couple of seasons but he's still super quick and strong. Even with there being question marks around him it was a stern test for anyone.

Bryan did brilliant last night, even without the winner...the fact that he got the winner was just f*cking boss, wasn't it?

Yes he certainly did. I actually thought he would be targeted as our weak link and was worried about him defensively but now I have no fears about him. He is a good defender and support attacker and he will only get better with more appearances. Feel sorry for him being understudy to Baines though.

Payback from Baines for being understudy to Ashley Cole for England all this time.

If, repeat IF, he can keep Arsenal's right side reasonably quiet then can't see Baines getting back in automatically. But, happy to trust Mr. Martinez's judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back