Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our aim should be to have 2 QUALITY players competing for every starting position.

It will be a great "problem" to have should Oviedo continue to perform like this until Baines is fit again.

I didn't like what Rooney did there just after we scored when he and Oviedo were running a ball down that went out of play behind the goal: Rooney looked like he stepped on the outside of Oviedo's leg out of petulance. You could see he was in pain and looked at Rooney as if to say 'WTF'?

Outside of his obvious effort charged down by Howard, i thought Rooney was **** there last night. Nowhere near his form of late. Obvioulsy Jagielka and Barry/McCarthy muzzled him, but he looked lacking in concentration and focus also.

No way would I have Baines slotting right back in - and I LOVE Baines.
Oviedo, baby. You don't drop a player after two MOTM and one match winning performance, not least of all when that performance and that game was Man U away.

I didn't like what Rooney did there just after we scored when he and Oviedo were running a ball down that went out of play behind the goal: Rooney looked like he stepped on the outside of Oviedo's leg out of petulance. You could see he was in pain and looked at Rooney as if to say 'WTF'?

Outside of his obvious effort charged down by Howard, i thought Rooney was **** there last night. Nowhere near his form of late. Obvioulsy Jagielka and Barry/McCarthy muzzled him, but he looked lacking in concentration and focus also.

Rooney is a repulsive subhuman ape. The missing f**king link

.....he's been a breath of fresh air and we couldn't have asked for more. Thought he'd have a real test last night but came out of it a never to be forgotten hero. There was only one occasion in the first half where he attempted to clear with his left instead of his right foot and spooned it straight to Rooney. Fortunately Rooney couldn't convert and the rest is history.

He's waited patiently for over a year for this chance and hasn't put a foot wrong, having 2 very good games. If we just drop him when Baines is fit again it send out the wrong message to the players and is a bit **** on Oviedo himself. If he carries on playing well then he should stay in the team imo.

He's waited patiently for over a year for this chance and hasn't put a foot wrong, having 2 very good games. If we just drop him when Baines is fit again it send out the wrong message to the players and is a bit **** on Oviedo himself. If he carries on playing well then he should stay in the team imo.

Agreed. Amazing how a couple games can change perceptions. What looks more likely at the moment, Baines moving to Manchester United to for Champions League football, or Baines taking the step down from a Champions League side to play for Manchester United because he can't get a game here...*

*only joking, I know it's only been a couple games and I still love Baines / don't want him to go

i'd normally agree, but he'd be keeping one of the top 5 players in his position in the world. baines could argue that he wasn't actually dropped for poor form. i don't envy roberto for having to make the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back