Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
...nice problem for RM, who'd have thought that a fortnight ago.

TBF Oviedo had one game under DM and was MOTM = dropped just like he did when Coleman did the same v Spurs so no its no surprise to me - be also aware Oviedo can play in front of Baines if need be if we need to move the team around if need be!

I wouldn't drop Oviedo once Baines is fit. Massive turn around for me Oviedo is more than worth his salt at left back. It's the desire to wear the shirt from him as well. Baines hasn't been great whilst not being bad. But he seems to have lost his desire.

Good as he is I think Leighton has a fight on for his place once he is fit. I can't see Bobby dropping Oviedo if he is still in this current run of form. Either way it's a very nice decision to have to make

Evra got bummed routinely on Saturday.

They'll up their chase for Baines, let them pay silly money and invest in the squad. Oviedo is more than capable and it's only been three games, he can only steady his ship and improve from here.

Thinking the same myself, embarrassing actually. What can you do though, the lids are slow to (well, anything. but especially to) change old habits.

It's hard mate, 11 years under one regime means you get used to things.

Found myself saying "get rid!" plenty of times this season, only for us to work it out without issue.

From the Daily Mail.

Bryan Oviedo, reduced to tears by Everton team-mate Leighton Baines’s domination of the left-back berth at Goodison, could face his rival in Brazil.

They could meet in Group D’s final game in Belo Horizonte and Costa Rica’s Oviedo, finally in the Everton team after Baines was injured, said: ‘Sometimes I felt I wasn’t going to make it at Everton and I was really sad. 'I even cried when I saw I was out of the squad again.'

I still doubt Hogdson would be smart enough to start Baines over Cashley.

We have to also remember that Baines has had his game picked apart by scouts and coaches of rival teams and still shines. Oviedo is new and eventually that is going to happen to him especially with his inital success. Like Coleman he'll have to go through a learning process when teams and players know what he is going to do. All signs look good though, and it looks like we got our Baines replacement for the next few years but I won't go as far as saying that he's already better than Leyton.

Last edited:
I have really liked the look for Oviedo in the last 4 games. He has grown in stature with each game, and his stock has risen immensely. I love the way he loves to go forward and will hug that left touchline like an old-fashioned winger. Quality player that he is, we haven't yet missed Baines at all during his enforced absence, and that is the highest compliment that you can say about his replacement.

I'm sure his performances will be turning the heads of some heavily loaded teams; he must be secured on a long term contract soon.

He's really steady. As well as getting forward, he's excellent at the back, full of energy and with pace, not many will beat him down the side. Arguably, he may not be effective as Baines, but if Baines does leave, he's filled a large chunk of the problem, and that's pleasing that Oviedo has fitted in so easily.

He's really steady. As well as getting forward, he's excellent at the back, full of energy and with pace, not many will beat him down the side. Arguably, he may not be effective as Baines, but if Baines does leave, he's filled a large chunk of the problem, and that's pleasing that Oviedo has fitted in so easily.

Hes been more effective than what baines has this year.

Don't think the OG will reflect too much on him. Baines hasn't even made it back to the bench yet. Must be in the starting XI on Boxing day. After that.. it's a lot of games in a few days, so yeah, work Baines back into it.

Don't think the OG will reflect too much on him. Baines hasn't even made it back to the bench yet. Must be in the starting XI on Boxing day. After that.. it's a lot of games in a few days, so yeah, work Baines back into it.

Unless we have to play him or Oviedo on the wing, I wouldn't play Baines till QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back