Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he'll be brought on at LM and Pienaar will move more central to mix things up a bit sometimes? I wanna see him play.

The only problem with that is Baines. Having a touchline-hugger at LM makes it difficult to involve Leighton. You really need someone who cuts inside.

This is true.

This generally leads me to question the way they're marketing Oviedo on the OS.

He's only 22 but Baines has surely got at least another 4 years in him, bearing in mind just how fit he keeps himself. That's a long time to wait to be first choice.

I can only really see him being cover. I'd like to see Pienaar central but someone like Mirallas would be a better LM then, as he can cut in.

The only problem with that is Baines. Having a touchline-hugger at LM makes it difficult to involve Leighton. You really need someone who cuts inside.

Bryan is young enough to adapt to this at times.

It may also mean we are not as reliant on Baines over-lapping to get the ball in, so a bit of pressure is off Baines.

Nice to have the options.

This generally leads me to question the way they're marketing Oviedo on the OS.

He's only 22 but Baines has surely got at least another 4 years in him, bearing in mind just how fit he keeps himself.

I can only really see him being cover. I'd like to see Pienaar central but someone like Mirallas would be a better LM then, as he can cut in.

He's going to be a midfielder more than a full back, and i see him playing a role when Pienaar goes to the ACON for sure.

*enters self into vaults*

To be honest 8 isn't that strange. I love well numbered players but in a world where Bergkamp leaves the number 10 at Arsenal and then WILLIAM GALLAS is the number 10 what is normal? Wonder if Moyes may try this lad on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back