Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pienaar doesn't improve, I'd be tempted to give him a proper run at left wing.

Depends on how good this barca kid is like.

Been thinking the same. Pienaar just doesn't seem the same. Bryan has got the energy and passion pienaar used to bring to the table. Give him a run of games to learn the others.

Oviedo and Baines seems like a great option to me. Liked this lad from the first game I saw him. Composed, passionate and positive. Perfect foil for Baines and the left hand side can be much more fluid

He's gotta be ahead of Pienaar in the pecking order

Not for me.

Don't get me wrong Oveido has been very good, as it stands tho my first choice left side is still baines and pienaar. I think what's noticble with pienaar is he now tires last 10-20 mins (age thing) so hopefully Oveido will receive a lot more mins from the bench. I'm also confident he can come in and give baines a rest at times which has to be a good thing!

So easy leaving a digg at moyes on every thread these days but Oveido is a cracking little gift he's left us with there. I have no doubt he's baines eventuall replacement, hopefully not for a while yet tho.

Not for me.

Don't get me wrong Oveido has been very good, as it stands tho my first choice left side is still baines and pienaar. I think what's noticble with pienaar is he now tires last 10-20 mins (age thing) so hopefully Oveido will receive a lot more mins from the bench. I'm also confident he can come in and give baines a rest at times which has to be a good thing!

So easy leaving a digg at moyes on every thread these days but Oveido is a cracking little gift he's left us with there. I have no doubt he's baines eventuall replacement, hopefully not for a while yet tho.

if this is a squad game now though I really don't see how Oviedo can't start. Pienaar has shown flashes but it shouldn't be up to some terrible performances whether he gets dropped or not, just that someone else looks more capable and ready. Pienaar does tire too so maybe fifteen mins off the bench is whats needed

Looking at our squad, this one is born out of desperation.

Anyone else think Oviedo can play as a defensive mid?

Might not have the distribution, but based on what I've seen in pre-season, he is quick, can tackle, ok pass, tracks well, can hustle.. he won't get a run at left back and should not be sitting on the bench.

Gibson will now miss Norwich. Heitinga and Osman are both slow and bit meh... could be a lost sheep or dynamic.

Looking at our squad, this one is born out of desperation.

Anyone else think Oviedo can play as a defensive mid?

Might not have the distribution, but based on what I've seen in pre-season, he is quick, can tackle, ok pass, tracks well, can hustle.. he won't get a run at left back and should not be sitting on the bench.

Gibson will now miss Norwich. Heitinga and Osman are both slow and bit meh... could be a lost sheep or dynamic.

I thought about this for a second as well before realising he's about 4 foot tall and makes Osman look like Nemanja Vidic. The game would pass him by.

I just saw Bryan Oviedo walking around Tesco in Mossley Hill with his son, looked happy and smiling. Was tempted to sing Oviedo baby at him but resisted the urge. He was buying El Paso Taco's, dodgy diet, naughty boy.

I just saw Bryan Oviedo walking around Tesco in Mossley Hill with his son, looked happy and smiling. Was tempted to sing Oviedo baby at him but resisted the urge. He was buying El Paso Taco's, dodgy diet, naughty boy.
Frequented all of Mossley Hill's many Tesco's a lot this year, never got to see that dreamboat Oviedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back