Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did get done a few times at the back tonight by quick feet from the attacking player, but he showed plenty of ability going forward too, so positive signs and something to work with over time on his defensive duties, which would improve with game time.

Useful player to have in the squad.

Yeah not his best game tonight. I'll reserve judgement though. Good squad player. I'm not ready to sign off on selling Baines based on Oviedo though.

Really disappointed with him tonight, but it didn't help that Naismith was more often than not tucked inside meaning Ovideo was playing the left by himself.

He needs to knock it further and earlier when attempting to take players on. He gets too close and doesn't touch it far enough ahead meaning the defender just steps across using a bit of strength and leaves our poor Bryan looking like a crisp packet floating in the wind because he's got the strength of a 7 year old.

If he gets the ball past the full back and closer to the by-line from a couple of yards in front of him it gives Oviedo the chance to get a bit of pace up. Not many defenders are catching him once he's gone and if they step across when the ball's not there and he's already stretching out it's a foul.

Oviedo seems to me the kind of player to need a bit of space to do his thing. Defend him up close and you've pretty much neutralized him.

He needs to knock it further and earlier when attempting to take players on. He gets too close and doesn't touch it far enough ahead meaning the defender just steps across using a bit of strength and leaves our poor Bryan looking like a crisp packet floating in the wind because he's got the strength of a 7 year old.

If he gets the ball past the full back and closer to the by-line from a couple of yards in front of him it gives Oviedo the chance to get a bit of pace up. Not many defenders are catching him once he's gone and if they step across when the ball's not there and he's already stretching out it's a foul.

Agreed. He needs to improve his all round game I'd say. If he was a little bit better at everything he'd be a good player.

I think he's a good little player, yet again someone who would benefit from more playing time, it's one of the best fullbacks in the world keeping him out though, no shame on that.

Agree he's a footballer but a defender? really doubt it.

He got bullied off the ball a few times but has quick feet and undoubted technical ability I'd put him in instead of Osman - no idea how he's ended up as a full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back