Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes got pace and a trick or two a little naive at the back.
Very similar to seamus coleman if we loose baines id play oviedo and strenghten up front and midfield.

Was poor last night, but he still had a very solid pre-season. We'll never replace Baines with the same quality, but he is very capable of being a very, very solid LB for us.

Thought he was poor last night, showed nothing going forward, poor crossing, beaten a couple of times defensively. Doesn't help having Naismith ahead of you though I guess

I like Oviedo and he just needs a chance to prove himself. He has shown more good than bad over the pre-season and last night. I can't for the life of me understand why Osman still gets a game. He has been consistently poor since last year, and I like Osman!

Bad as he was last night, Oviedo usually looks more than capable in his brief cameos. I think it's too early to write him off.

The problem is that he's too old to get anything out of reserve team football, which is why I think he should be allowed to move on (either on loan or permanent) if Baines ends up staying. Against Stevenage he looked very much like a player who has spent the last year marking kids in games that no one cares about.

I'd let Duffy go for the same reasons. The way he's going he'll end up being a footballer who has never actually played football.

I do think he has the potential to be Baines eventual replacement. He'll never be as good as leighton but there ain't many in the world that will be.

I think a loan to another PL team would be good for him. A bit like rose going out to Sunderland last season, would do him a world of good. Unfortunately don't think we'v got adequate cover if he goes out on loan.

I like Oveido, physically he looks the part, and could handle life in the PL.
Like with all young players, the only way he is going to get better is with more games under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back