Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't have his best game last night but he's impressed me the last few times I have seen him. Baines didn't get a look in when he first joined and people were saying then "he's ****", "sell him", "waste of £5mill" etc and look at him now. Oviedo needs to be given a chance and if we have quality players further up the field that take the creative responsibility then we don't need to rely on a world class LB to be a focus of our attacks.

Didn't have his best game last night but he's impressed me the last few times I have seen him. Baines didn't get a look in when he first joined and people were saying then "he's ****", "sell him", "waste of £5mill" etc and look at him now. Oviedo needs to be given a chance and if we have quality players further up the field that take the creative responsibility then we don't need to rely on a world class LB to be a focus of our attacks.

I don't remember anyone saying that.

In fact I remember being pissed off when he kept naming a CB at LB every week when we had a talented attack minded full back sat on the bench.

Oviedo looks more of a left sided midfield player or left wing back to me, as opposed to a traditional LB who can thrive in a 4 man back line.

HE COST £1.5 million!!!!!!

again, given a chance last night to stake a claim. Dont really think he done that tbh and i was disappointed, mainly in his final ball/crossing

No player who has had as few opportunitys as him in over a year though are gonna come in and just be on fire.

If Baines goes and hes the only option he will need about 10 games.

again, given a chance last night to stake a claim. Dont really think he done that tbh and i was disappointed, mainly in his final ball/crossing

No player who has had as few opportunitys as him in over a year though are gonna come in and just be on fire.

If Baines goes and hes the only option he will need about 10 games.

Definitely this.

Moyes could have given this lad more appearances last year - Baines looked tired in the latter half of the season and could have used a break every so often. Pienaar went through some patches of poor form too. If he had been handled better last year, we might have a better idea of Oviedo's abilities at this point.

I don't remember anyone saying that.

In fact I remember being pissed off when he kept naming a CB at LB every week when we had a talented attack minded full back sat on the bench.

Oviedo looks more of a left sided midfield player or left wing back to me, as opposed to a traditional LB who can thrive in a 4 man back line.

I definitely remember lots of people saying it as I remember defending him over and over again saying he needed to be given a run of 15 games before we write him off, im sure if you go through the old threads (I cant be bothered) then you will see.

I'll say the same about Oviedo, before we can judge anyone they need to be given a run of games, not 1 game every so many weeks then 16 mins here there and everywhere. He seems to have a quality left foot and his passing is crisp, he also has pace however he needs to be better defensively but that will improve the more he plays.

Coleman is a very good example for Oviedo, he was played a midfielder due to his attacking instincts being superior to his defensive ones and but for a Hibbert injury he probably would still be there now. He was given a chance at RB and at first got caught out a few times (Fulham away was one example) but he gained experience from the mistakes and playing games and now he's a top RB.

Oviedo just needs to be given a chance.

Last edited:
I'm with Tin-Tin on this, look at Coleman, not a great night last night, but he's also not linking and getting to know the same players.
Give him time, he's got the minerals and more imo.

(and he seems a sound lid too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back