Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oviedo isn't going to get a run even when Baines is injured then why is he here? Either give him a proper chance or let him leave.

I've been made up with how Martinez has generally avoided the false economy that is picking older players out of position rather than putting faith in a younger lad, and I really hope it isn't something he starts doing now.

Reserve team football is no good for someone of Oviedo's age, and I think it's one of the reasons he's looked off the pace at times, especially when picked in defence. Coleman and Baines are great examples of why it's wrong to write-off a developing full-back before he's had the opportunity to adjust to the pace and quality of Premier League attackers.

Because:

1) No one will buy him.

2) They think he'll be good enough eventually but not yet.

3) They've decided he's a left winger.

4) He refuses to play there.

5) He's got a niggle.

Etc. etc.

Could be a number of reasons. Even if they just think he's utter tosh, it's not FIFA. You can't sell someone the second you decide you want rid.

Because:

1) No one will buy him.

2) They think he'll be good enough eventually but not yet.

3) They've decided he's a left winger.

4) He refuses to play there.

5) He's got a niggle.

Etc. etc.

Could be a number of reasons. Even if they just think he's utter tosh, it's not FIFA. You can't sell someone the second you decide you want rid.

He was well rated at Copenhagen and is still only 23, so I don't think finding a someone to take him would be a big issue (he even commented on rumours linking him to Manchester United before joining Everton last summer: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/3...united-fc-copenhagen-bryan-oviedo-premier.htm).

Seems stupid to keep someone his age in the reserves for another season if there's no plausible scenario in which he plays for the first team. Surely a loan move would have been better?

He was well rated at Copenhagen and is still only 23, so I don't think finding a someone to take him would be a big issue (he even commented on rumours linking him to Manchester United before joining Everton last summer: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/3...united-fc-copenhagen-bryan-oviedo-premier.htm).

Seems stupid to keep someone his age in the reserves for another season if there's no plausible scenario in which he plays for the first team. Surely a loan move would have been better?

Maybe the wages he's on would be an issue, as would the price tag the club would want.

I agree a loan move would be better, but the squad's thin as it is. If Deulofeu, say, gets injured, you've got Naismith and Oviedo there. If one of them gets crocked then you're looking at Magaye Gueye getting game time, and I'd rather have Oviedo locked in my garage than that happen.

Maybe the wages he's on would be an issue, as would the price tag the club would want.

I agree a loan move would be better, but the squad's thin as it is. If Deulofeu, say, gets injured, you've got Naismith and Oviedo there. If one of them gets crocked then you're looking at Magaye Gueye getting game time, and I'd rather have Oviedo locked in my garage than that happen.

If Martinez's reasons are Gueye-related then I'm prepared to accept them.

Under Moyes he seems to have been a direct understudy to Baines if he was ever needed. However under Martinez he's featured very little and only made the bench a couple of times, therefore I don't think Martinez rates him.He seems to be a neat footballer. The downside is I don't think he's a particularly good defender and is very light weight.

The best option would be to loan him to a palace, give him premiership experience and see where he is that way. From what I've seen though he really isn't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back