Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this image may be clouding peoples rational appreciation of the World's second naughtiest left-back:
BWKmbNWCAAAXqKE.jpg:large

he did against stevenage didnt he? where i sit, i get to watch Baines and Coleman close up. they are both class.

Baines and Coleman are both great

But Oviedo has lots of potential and it's disturbing that so many people have written him off when he's essentially not had a chance to do anything

This is his chance now to show what he can do

We're far too knee-jerk at this club, to our own detriment

Baines and Coleman are both great

But Oviedo has lots of potential and it's disturbing that so many people have written him off when he's essentially not had a chance to do anything

This is his chance now to show what he can do

We're far too knee-jerk at this club, to our own detriment

he's just not good enough now. he might have potential. but Stoke at home and Man Utd and Arsenal away are not the right time to give him a chance.

I would like to hear something from RM about Oviedo. It is a concern that he hasn't featured in the team or on the bench for league this season when we are all aware that the risk of Baines leaving in January or the summer is very high.
There are two possible explanations that I can think of :

1. Oviedo is not considered premiership material by the staff at Everton.
2. Oviedo is considered too lightweight for the first team at present and is currently on a weights programme to build up muscle.

It says on the official site that Oviedo has been used once as a sub this season.That to me is not being involved.
RM is particularly good at talking up our young players Coleman,Barkley,Delofeu and Stones get a lot of praise but there has been no mention of Oviedo who is still a very young player.

I hope it is a case of waiting for the right time,but it does not look good for him.

If Oviedo isn't going to get a run even when Baines is injured then why is he here? Either give him a proper chance or let him leave.

I've been made up with how Martinez has generally avoided the false economy that is picking older players out of position rather than putting faith in a younger lad, and I really hope it isn't something he starts doing now.

Reserve team football is no good for someone of Oviedo's age, and I think it's one of the reasons he's looked off the pace at times, especially when picked in defence. Coleman and Baines are great examples of why it's wrong to write-off a developing full-back before he's had the opportunity to adjust to the pace and quality of Premier League attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back