Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main fact being he's hardly been on our bench despite not being injured.

Not sure Roberto fancies him.

I think from the little ive seen of him hes very much like a few of moyes 'flair' type signings like billy etc and seems weak on the ball, not sure if bobby rates him (think the amount of time hes been on the bench suggests he doesn't though)

...could be time for Alcaraz to make his bow then.

think vs the grocks of stoke he may well go for alcarez mate, especially after the set piece shambles weve been a few times this year, hull palace and rs, alcaraz is bloody good in the air, dont think hes the biggest but just gets up really well and attacks it

Not being on the bench isn't a true indicator whether Martinez rates him or not, reasons being -

Baines is very rarely injured. Distin and Barry can play there which is why he always goes for a standard cb such as Stones or Heitinga on the bench. Having Oviedo on the bench would be a bit of a waste especially when your trying to squeeze as many attacking options on the bench as possible. I say we give the lad a chance, hes been patient and this was the only way he was gonna get a chance so let's see what he can do. Its either that or Barry will go lb and Osman will be get back in. Not too sure if he would move Distin to lb unless he wants to shoe Alacaraz in early doors as I don't think he will put Stones in yet.

He's already warming up lids
BUikE6FCMAAdtU_.jpg:large

there'll be no stopping him once he gets rolling...

Last edited:
He's never had a chance before and now one has presented itself

I don't think moving Barry to LB is the solution. Give the young lad a chance Everton. Maybe this will be one younger player we dont have to add to the "squandered" list

I honestly think some people don't like him because he was a Moyes signing

He's never had a chance before and now one has presented itself

I don't think moving Barry to LB is the solution. Give the young lad a chance Everton. Maybe this will be one younger player we dont have to add to the "squandered" list

I honestly think some people don't like him because he was a Moyes signing

Tbf Mikey, that would also rule out a few of our other players too like...

Pretty much all of the Moyes youth who weren't already established before he left have been rubbished as not being up to it

Only exception I can think of is Stones

Springthorpe, Junior, Gueye, Oviedo, Duffy etc have been given up on by most of the fans I come across

Can't Junior be our Ramires? Proper engine.
I like Oviedo, would be a good Wing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back