Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all of the Moyes youth who weren't already established before he left have been rubbished as not being up to it

Only exception I can think of is Stones

Springthorpe, Junior, Gueye, Oviedo, Duffy etc have been given up on by most of the fans I come across

Gueye's had quite a few chances, albeit Moyes played him in the wrong position/system imo. Moyes himself ditched Junior after the Leeds baptism.
Duffy shouldn't be given up on after a weak performance, he's very strong in some key areas and needs experience.
Anyway, surely you remember Felli's and Arteta's first six months - some people expect the completed article to walk on to the pitch, whereas irl, it's a compromise, and hopefully Oveido's been concentrating on his weak areas.

I don't think he's good enough, it's a shame really.

On the others, I can't see Júnior making it, he's not getting a game at Vitesse, even if they are top of their league.
Duffy, needs a lot of game time, maybe this season in Championship, next season at a lower prem side.
Gueye, well he isn't getting a sniff, that's for a reason that he just won't make it, really needs to be on Loan, not in reserves though.
Springthorpe? Could say absolutely nothing about him, is he any good? Why isn't he on loan?

I don't think he's good enough, it's a shame really.

On the others, I can't see Júnior making it, he's not getting a game at Vitesse, even if they are top of their league.
Duffy, needs a lot of game time, maybe this season in Championship, next season at a lower prem side.
Gueye, well he isn't getting a sniff, that's for a reason that he just won't make it, really needs to be on Loan, not in reserves though.
Springthorpe? Could say absolutely nothing about him, is he any good? Why isn't he on loan?

He's looked good in the youth games I've seen him in. Has promise but he needs to play more

Saying you want the manager gone after half a seaosn is a crazy knee jerk reaction (Which I would agree with tbf based on the form we've had) but saying you want a player gone after he's played one and a half games is apparenly just fine

This place is just stupid sometimes. I mean, shockingly so

Saying you want the manager gone after half a seaosn is a crazy knee jerk reaction (Which I would agree with tbf based on the form we've had) but saying you want a player gone after he's played one and a half games is apparenly just fine

I think the judgement here Mikey is Moyes not fancying him, nor Martinez.

Fans will, whether rightly or wrongly, assess a player against their managers judgement.

Mikey's going postal lids...

You are forgetting the amount of times managers and coaches see these players in training. If Oviedo isn't up to it, he isn't up to it and a club like ours can't afford to wait for that long to find out if they are. I want him to play because I think he warrants a bit of time in the side, but he could just not be good enough.

You are forgetting the amount of times managers and coaches see these players in training. If Oviedo isn't up to it, he isn't up to it and a club like ours can't afford to wait for that long to find out if they are. I want him to play because I think he warrants a bit of time in the side, but he could just not be good enough.

Even so, you could argue that the reason he hasn't been playing is probably more due to the fact that Baines is one of the best LB's in the Premier League as opposed to him not being up to it

He is teh back up LB at the end of the day

The LB is out, he should play

That is literally all there is to it and I refuse to take any other answers

Even so, you could argue that the reason he hasn't been playing is probably more due to the fact that Baines is one of the best LB's in the Premier League as opposed to him not being up to it

He is teh back up LB at the end of the day

The LB is out, he should play

That is literally all there is to it and I refuse to take any other answers
He should be there because he's the next best available option after Baines. If Martinez doesn't see it that way then Martinez can put whoever he wants at left back for the good of the team. Oviedo should be there on merit, not by default.
I'd personally have three at the back with him and Collieman and alleviate him of any defensive responsibilities, but that's just me.

Oviedo is a good player going forward, has made a couple of defensive errors but that'll come.
I have a lot of time for him and I just wanna sing Oviedo baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back