Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sutton (IIRC) got it spot on with Keane. He said that at Burnley they set up to defend in numbers and had a midfield to protect that defence, therefore Keane only had to shuffle right then left most of a game but now he hasn't the cushion of a defensive midfield and has to defend a bit higher up the field he has been found out.

Don't think he will come good and has to go with Williams and Jags. Won't get anything for the latter but hopefully we will get 10-15m for Keane. Don't want to see Baines or Martina here next season either which means the hassle of bedding in a total new defence. They are shocking.

Good points, but this applied last season before we bought Keane as our defence was poor 16/17 also.
Our club is run by people who do not watch football....or so it seems.

I think you will find burnley missed a few chances too and pickford made saves, its not as simple as saying we should have been 3 up, it doesn't work like that.

Walcott missed an open goal and two one on ones we should have been 3-1 up at the very least by half time

Hurry up back Funes for ffs and show that joke of pair of pricks how to defend. Funes and Holgate (even though funes aint fully fit) to start next week..Funes at 50% match fit will still do a better job than the chuckle brothers.

Sigurdsson scores near the end, we win 2-1 and the tune changes. Pity we had to play neanderthal Burnley with their long balls, dozens of high crosses and corners aimed at giants. It paid off for them though. They nearly beat City playing the same way but drew 1-1. How crap this league really is, apart from 6th upwards. OH, forgot our keeper was fouled for the second goal. Imagine if Guardiola's team conceded that, there would be holy murder. Not a protest except from Pickford.

The way Burnley played is the best way to play against us (for a team not top 6). We can't cope with it. We have a mentally and physically weak team

I think Sutton (IIRC) got it spot on with Keane. He said that at Burnley they set up to defend in numbers and had a midfield to protect that defence, therefore Keane only had to shuffle right then left most of a game but now he hasn't the cushion of a defensive midfield and has to defend a bit higher up the field he has been found out.

Don't think he will come good and has to go with Williams and Jags. Won't get anything for the latter but hopefully we will get 10-15m for Keane. Don't want to see Baines or Martina here next season either which means the hassle of bedding in a total new defence. They are shocking.
The problem with that theory is we don't defend high.

We defend deeper than any other team.

I can't remember him for Burnley and was surprised we went for him. I think the problem is in poor teams when a player has one good game they get the media plaudits but they ignore the bad games. When playing for bigger clubs it's the other way around.

Plus he's English so obviously overhyped by the media.

pickford definitely looked like he was fouled on their second goal but embarrassing from williams. Also, am i insane or was davies able to pick out passes last season with ease? he looks like hes never played football a day in his life. Heading to my current local team toronto fc's game today and its pretty sad that I'm currently more excited about an mls team than my hometown team that I've grown up loving. The entire front office needs to be stripped. Walsh is the biggest fraud i have ever known

Agree. He should NOT be picking some of these 'players'.
They are letting him down, they screwed Unsworth over and Koeman screwed the squad.
Bin them all and bring in a couple of fresh academy players.
Because I can tolerate they will make mistakes and lose games now and then.
But no excuses for these turds.
Could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back