Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keane has no pace

He never has had pace

It's an urban legend

Just like el dorado
It's not his lack of pace that is the problem. He has no quickness and turns like a bus.

Once he gets up to speed he probably has a decent top speed. It's just a shame he has the acceleration of a train.

Really don't know what's happened to Keane. He was good for Burnley, and looked really good in his first few games for us too. Then he absolutely fell off a cliff.

I think Sutton (IIRC) got it spot on with Keane. He said that at Burnley they set up to defend in numbers and had a midfield to protect that defence, therefore Keane only had to shuffle right then left most of a game but now he hasn't the cushion of a defensive midfield and has to defend a bit higher up the field he has been found out.

Don't think he will come good and has to go with Williams and Jags. Won't get anything for the latter but hopefully we will get 10-15m for Keane. Don't want to see Baines or Martina here next season either which means the hassle of bedding in a total new defence. They are shocking.

Since we have walcott on the right, we need a player on the left with good dribbling skills, and good on position so we can have balance.

Don't play them then. It's not like he doesn't have options. No excuse for him. He had all of January to bring a left back in and we still have cuco at left back. He's got holgate on the bench who's been better than Williams this season. I can't stress enough, this guy is a defensive coach, yet our defense is getting worse each game. They went away to Dubai to train, what did they train on? They sure as fudge didn't do any defensive training, organisational training, passing drills starting at the back, set piece defending or attacking. Need I go on? His times up. A lot of these players time is long overdue as well but start with the manager because we aren't going to be able to sort the utter turd from the slightly less turd players going into next season.

Agree. He should NOT be picking some of these 'players'.
They are letting him down, they screwed Unsworth over and Koeman screwed the squad.
Bin them all and bring in a couple of fresh academy players.
Because I can tolerate they will make mistakes and lose games now and then.
But no excuses for these turds.

Just let this sink in .....59 years since Burnley done the double over Everton.

But then again Burnley havent won for 3 months.

Burnley never won a game in the prem coming from behind....ever.

In all my years of supporting this club. I have realised that all records happen against us. We will ALWAYS give goals to players on their debut etc. It's just our thing

Sigurdsson scores near the end, we win 2-1 and the tune changes. Pity we had to play neanderthal Burnley with their long balls, dozens of high crosses and corners aimed at giants. It paid off for them though. They nearly beat City playing the same way but drew 1-1. How crap this league really is, apart from 6th upwards. OH, forgot our keeper was fouled for the second goal. Imagine if Guardiola's team conceded that, there would be holy murder. Not a protest except from Pickford.
Standing in front of the keeper is not a foul

It just blocks the keeper from coming out

Dirk kuyt did it all the time to us

Lukaku turned him really well once in that game, for his goal. The rest of the time, Rom was very quiet.

Also, getting beaten by a £90m striker is hardly an indictment that you're ****. Keane has been woeful this season, no doubt, but let's not pretend he was always like that.
Won't have helped being in and out of the team. Whenever him and Williams pair together I get the feeling that they despise each other, it's like they repel on the pitch and open up these gaping big chasms in our defense for the other team to trot into. They never seem to speak to each other either. he was decent at burnley but Christ on a bike he's been terrible for us.

Sigurdsson scores near the end, we win 2-1 and the tune changes. Pity we had to play neanderthal Burnley with their long balls, dozens of high crosses and corners aimed at giants. It paid off for them though. They nearly beat City playing the same way but drew 1-1. How crap this league really is, apart from 6th upwards. OH, forgot our keeper was fouled for the second goal. Imagine if Guardiola's team conceded that, there would be holy murder. Not a protest except from Pickford.

..... We never deserved to draw that game, let alone win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back