Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh behave mate.

There could be any number of reasons we are looking alright comparatively today.

We scored first and took the confidence while Burnley have never won a game after conceding first in the Premier League.

So the team doesn’t look far more balanced and dynamic without him?

We’ll lose this 2-1 or 3-1 lads.

Our players will be crapping their kecks here second half.

I thought we’ve done alright, but again don’t really look that arsed and like we are just going through the motions.
One thing is for sure - improvement needed second half.

Counter attacks have been good except for the final deceisons.

Yep could and should have a couple more. Walcott has got himself into a couple of great positions but made poor decisions or poor finishing.

Keane scares the crap out of me, straight balls he seems fine but anything past that he looks painfully short of the qualities needed to build a defence around.

Well done Tosun on his first goal as well

Think that's harsh, defensively we've beer poor but going forward we've looked dangerous for once. Walcott could've scored a couple

This. Burnley have scored something like 22 in 28 before today. It’s possible they could get one, but they’re not scoring more than 2 as a maximum this game.

Mori is way better than Keane. Is actually quick and physical. Tends to win aerials.

On the ball they're both poor. But defending comes first and Mori eats Keane alive.

It should be Holgate and Mori at CB.

Mori was always made a scapegoat of in games if he made a mistake, even though the other defenders around him would be making plenty of mistakes themselves, but they got away with getting grief. He's actually a decent defender, quite quick, and he is a threat in the opposition box from set pieces, he's just got to learn that sometimes it's easier to just put the ball in row Z.

They've been by far the better side. The difference again is just moments of quality throughout the 90 minutes that has us performing better than the bottom half of this terrible league in terms of points.

But as an actual team and in general play, we're hands down the worst in this league. At this point though I don't care as long as we pick up points and the season ends with us still in the league so we have a chance at least to fix it in the summer.

Yep could and should have a couple more. Walcott has got himself into a couple of great positions but made poor decisions or poor finishing.

Keane scares the crap out of me, straight balls he seems fine but anything past that he looks painfully short of the qualities needed to build a defence around.

Well done Tosun on his first goal as well
I think we are all worried about Keane at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back