Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byram, Holgate, Stones, Garbutt.

Ey up son, that's a right good back 4 is that.

I was thinking "wheres Galloway and Browning" until i realised that they are all Yorkshire lads...bit slow today even with the "Ey up" clue...

Pretty increible that could be a future starting back 4.

I do think thesedays if we can have a lot of English players at the club with the right blend of overseas talent it would be a big help to the mentality of the team and squad.

with the supposed new wave of youth players coming through we do potentially look very strong long term.

I was thinking "wheres Galloway and Browning" until i realised that they are all Yorkshire lads...bit slow today even with the "Ey up" clue...

Pretty increible that could be a future starting back 4.

I do think thesedays if we can have a lot of English players at the club with the right blend of overseas talent it would be a big help to the mentality of the team and squad.

with the supposed new wave of youth players coming through we do potentially look very strong long term.
We'll never win a shootout again...

The self harmer in me sort of wants west ham to gazump us for him.
Just on the point that i would love to see west ham central etc start going on about how they are the muts nuts, goes for a stripe, wears a ben sherman shirt then beats up an ethnic minority

Leeds United Fan:-

Don't know if anyone else has come in and told you anything you don't know about Sam but thought I would give you general opinion.

Sam broke through in the 2012/13 season and won the player of the season award (a white wash). He played that season almost entirely at RB and occasionally as a Wing Back. He chipped in with some very important goals. He even managed to keep Gareth Bale at bay (not bad for an 18 year old in his debut season). There was a lot of talk of Man City and other PL teams offering in the region of £10million for him but I do not know if any actual offers were ever made.

During the very last game of that season he got a hip injury which kept him sidelined for a long time the following season. They treated it with injections in a bid to avoid surgery, I think the injury could have been caused by him playing almost every game for 90 minutes. If I recall correctly he was out for about half the season and the injury recurred a couple of times. That season was more or less written off for him and even when he came back later that year a lot of fans were saying that the injury had finished him and he wasn't the same player. There was certainly a worry that the injury hadn't been properly treated and might reoccur.

The 2014/15 season saw Sam pushed into a more attacking role and playing the majority of games in RM. I don't think he took to the position initially but we had no options as we had no other wingers. He improved towards the end of the season.

He started out this season playing RM again but was locked after a couple of months due to his contract situation. Steve Evans came back and started playing him in his preferred position of RB then stopped playing him but then played him RM again. His goals over the last couple of months won us 2 games and he has been key to our recent unbeaten run.

Byram has the most appearances in the Leeds Squad (and the only player still left from that 12/13 season). He has recently started to return to his best and the vast majority of fans are going to be very sad to see him go. He is an excellent attacking full back and versatile enough to play in most positions down that side (although RB is his best position). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get selected for the England squad in the future.

He has always seemed like a really good lad who has just been messed around by our current [Poor language removed] of an owner. (although he does seem a bit naive at times). £3.7million is a good deal for you and I hope he gets some game time with you guys. He definitely deserves this move and I think you are an excellent club for him. Hope we have a nice sell on clause though.

Leeds United Fan:-

Don't know if anyone else has come in and told you anything you don't know about Sam but thought I would give you general opinion.

Sam broke through in the 2012/13 season and won the player of the season award (a white wash). He played that season almost entirely at RB and occasionally as a Wing Back. He chipped in with some very important goals. He even managed to keep Gareth Bale at bay (not bad for an 18 year old in his debut season). There was a lot of talk of Man City and other PL teams offering in the region of £10million for him but I do not know if any actual offers were ever made.

During the very last game of that season he got a hip injury which kept him sidelined for a long time the following season. They treated it with injections in a bid to avoid surgery, I think the injury could have been caused by him playing almost every game for 90 minutes. If I recall correctly he was out for about half the season and the injury recurred a couple of times. That season was more or less written off for him and even when he came back later that year a lot of fans were saying that the injury had finished him and he wasn't the same player. There was certainly a worry that the injury hadn't been properly treated and might reoccur.

The 2014/15 season saw Sam pushed into a more attacking role and playing the majority of games in RM. I don't think he took to the position initially but we had no options as we had no other wingers. He improved towards the end of the season.

He started out this season playing RM again but was locked after a couple of months due to his contract situation. Steve Evans came back and started playing him in his preferred position of RB then stopped playing him but then played him RM again. His goals over the last couple of months won us 2 games and he has been key to our recent unbeaten run.

Byram has the most appearances in the Leeds Squad (and the only player still left from that 12/13 season). He has recently started to return to his best and the vast majority of fans are going to be very sad to see him go. He is an excellent attacking full back and versatile enough to play in most positions down that side (although RB is his best position). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get selected for the England squad in the future.

He has always seemed like a really good lad who has just been messed around by our current [Poor language removed] of an owner. (although he does seem a bit naive at times). £3.7million is a good deal for you and I hope he gets some game time with you guys. He definitely deserves this move and I think you are an excellent club for him. Hope we have a nice sell on clause though.

Cheers for the insight mate, might want to watch the swear filter though. (i can understand your frustration at your chairman however) stick around.

One last question, can he play in goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back