Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see West Ham getting him tbh because he'd be a starter there since Jenkinson is on loan and rubbish. Need some convincing to come and play second fiddle to Coleman in the league since he can't play in the FA Cup for us.

Can see West Ham getting him tbh because he'd be a starter there since Jenkinson is on loan and rubbish. Need some convincing to come and play second fiddle to Coleman in the league since he can't play in the FA Cup for us.

Cup half full day? Jesus !!

Edit: Cup half empty day?

Not sure about that. He's not having the best of seasons and we dont know how Byram will perform yet.

Also, Byram would be a Martinez signing whilst Coleman wasnt so perhaps suits his system better...

Who knows, but i think there will be strong competition there.

Coleman's playing fine - don't get this idea of him having a bad season. Last few games before his injury he's been superb.

Byram will come in primarily as competition (IF we sign him).

He would also allow for cover for cup games (next season) and injuries, as well as the added factor he can play on the right wing as well if we ever need to.

Would be a good signing so fingers crossed we get it sorted.

Jenkison is far from rubbish. He's probably equal to Byram at the minute, perhaps better due to his top-flight experience.

Not sure about that. He's not having the best of seasons and we dont know how Byram will perform yet.

Also, Byram would be a Martinez signing whilst Coleman wasnt so perhaps suits his system better...

Who knows, but i think there will be strong competition there.
I think Coleman has been playing for the most part lately, but if Martinez decided to cash in and buy a younger alternative I wouldn't really mind.

Coleman's playing fine - don't get this idea of him having a bad season. Last few games before his injury he's been superb.

Byram will come in primarily as competition (IF we sign him).

He would also allow for cover for cup games (next season) and injuries, as well as the added factor he can play on the right wing as well if we ever need to.

Would be a good signing so fingers crossed we get it sorted.

I dont think hes playing badly at all, just dont think he's having "the best season".

Also, i think Byram will surprise alot of people and actually be serious competition for Coleman, this season perhaps too soon but next season i think both will be on top form to keep their place.

Right back in the national team has, Clyne,Walker only as competition i think and playing next to stones if he signs should show a partnership at club level which i think he can take advantage of.

As someone wanting to play fo england theres nowhere better than us or perhaps spurs.

Coleman's role has changed a bit this season - with Deulofeu in the side and getting chalk on his boots, Coleman isn't being asked to overlap as he used to. In fact, he drifts inside from the right flank a bit to create space for Geri.

I don't think he's been particularly worse than previous seasons, he just hasn't been afforded the opportunity to attack as much as he used to. He gets the ball a lot in the inside right channel now, not an area he has had much possession in over the last 3 years or so.

His delivery has always been pretty awful, but I think people expect him to be the maverick right wing back he has been of the last couple of seasons and miss that the shape of our team has altered so much that he can't do that role at the moment - particularly as Deulofeu only sporadically tracks back and defends when he isn't too knackered.

EDIT - We have needed a credible alternative to Coleman for 3 and a half years. Hibbert's new contract was a joke and a signing like Byram is well overdue as when Coleman is injured, we are generally left very short (I think time will prove that Browning isn't up to it either).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back