Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman has been gash for a while. Byram will provide excellent cover and could easily start.

He has been far from gash. Most teams in the Prem would love to have Coleman at right back. He's not had the best of seasons by his standards so far, but has been back to his back to re-finding his form in the last few games prior to his knock.

Coleman lost his pace after his last injury for me. took away his unpredictable nature which has lessened his hIs effect tbh.

Also think he has been very poor defensively recently but I think he's still boss but the competition will give him a kick up the arse a bit.

OR, he's never fully recovered because we're always in a rush to get him back and having good cover will be good for him

Coleman was having a good season, definitely hitting form before this injury. Been very good defensively though suspect on some crosses like the rest of the team. Anyone can see he's not attacking as much because of Deulofeu. He can't overlap him and has been quoted himself saying he's just been passing it to him and letting him do the damage. That's not a reflection on him, just the excellence of Gerry.

OR, he's never fully recovered because we're always in a rush to get him back and having good cover will be good for him

Bang on the money for me, player been rushed back from injury because we had no real credible options. How often has he played after an injury or knock in last couple of years when he could of done with an extra weeks recovery? He'll be a good signing for us if we get him, he'll be given freedom to develop and express himself on the pitch.

Last season I'd agree, this season? Nah, he's regressed. Been very poor every time I've watched him.

Coleman has been gash for a while. Byram will provide excellent cover and could easily start.

Coleman lost his pace after his last injury for me. took away his unpredictable nature which has lessened his hIs effect tbh.

Also think he has been very poor defensively recently but I think he's still boss but the competition will give him a kick up the arse a bit.

What on earth?

With respect to you, I couldn't disagree more. He's been absolutely fine this season

Coleman was having a good season, definitely hitting form before this injury. Been very good defensively though suspect on some crosses like the rest of the team. Anyone can see he's not attacking as much because of Deulofeu. He can't overlap him and has been quoted himself saying he's just been passing it to him and letting him do the damage. That's not a reflection on him, just the excellence of Gerry.

This sudden "Coleman's been gash" nonsense needs to be shot down.

We are investing our money in quality and competition for now and the future.

It's this simple.

Every top club has competition for places.

@davek

Coleman is playing well and has been the most consistent even without competition.

How long have we needed 2 players per position? This finally creates a squad for the back four, with the likes of Galloway, Browning etc being developed further into more central roles.

For £3.7 million this is a no-brainier and low risk as it will allow us to take out some more deadwood.

I hope he signs and gives Coleman a breather.

COYB

Coleman like Baines is a absolutely top full back, but having a very capable back up will allow us not to have to rush them back from injuries, not to have to play them every minute of every game when they aren't `100%, that can only be a very good thing, allows us to be confident that every time Baines and Coleman go out there we are getting the best version of them

What on earth?

With respect to you, I couldn't disagree more. He's been absolutely fine this season
With respect I disagree strongly.

I still think he is a great player but he has been poor and the only reason it's getting not noticed is because of other faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back