Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sour grapes here. Just pointing out that it was a moment that received a lot of media coverage between the two clubs, and drew me here to comment in the first place a few months back. I don't want to get into that, as it's in the past. The Byram transfer is what I want to discuss. I'm not even sure if we bid for him, as it's only the media reporting these things, and they are right about as much as a broken clock. I honestly think their way of coming up with news is by throwing darts and seeing where they land. I'm just stating that I think he would be a decent signing for both clubs.
Fair enough if you truly hold no ill will over the situation but what enjoyment do you get out of speculating with fans from other clubs about players you both might sign? I barely get any out of speculating with fellow Everton supporters. Do you have an account on all the prem league teams forums?

Random note: I've noticed that some posters, who claim to know how much we pay players, claim that we are paying Payet an obscene amount of money. To clear things up: Andy Carroll has been highly documented by just about everyone as being our highest paid player by a longshot, at somewhere between 75-80k/wk. I admit this is extremely high for an injury prone player, and you can crack jokes at our expense for that as you please. We don't have any other players close to this wage, so rumours that Payet is being paid 70k/wk or more (I saw one poster say 120k/wk o_Olol) are ridiculous. Payet is on around 55-65k/wk (the consensus is 60k/wk, so if you're hearing any different, you need to check the source again.) We were lucky to get him from a club who is skint, and therefore couldn't offer him any sort of decent pay. Just thought I would clear that up.

I think those figures came from the rumours that he had supposedly demanded 70k from us per-week when we 'supposedly' made an offer. Good player anyway, he could be the one that gets you into Europe again this season - he's the type of player that I'd love to have on our left wing, certainly.

A statement on Marseille's official website read: 'At the start of June, an agreement was reached with Dimitri and his agent. The two parties agreed at this time that the OM playmaker would honour the remaining two years of his contract.

'On June 22, Dimitri's agent requested a new meeting with President Vincent Labrune. He announced that he and his player had opened negotiations with West Ham, saying that the English club offered a contract of six years worth 30m euros.

30m euros = 21.3m over 6 years = 68.2k a week.

Hey everyone hammers fan in peace again. Apologies I haven't been on here as I generally only come here when there is some sort of involvement between the two clubs (playing each other, McCarthy tackle, etc), and I now see that we are linked to the same player (Byram) so I wanted to give my 2 pence worth.

I've only seen him play a few times admittedly but when I do he has always been their stand-out player, along with one of their midfielders whose name for the life of me I can't remember. There's no doubt that he's strong going forward, but I didn't think he was as poor defensively as some in the media/social media are making out. I think that is just a stereotype that most jump to when describing an attacking fullback. Overall I believe he would strengthen both teams to no end. You lot need cover/competition for Coleman and I believe he could be that player. Also, if you were to entertain any large bids for Coleman in the summer, it would put you in a decent position to already have a replacement in the squad, especially one so highly rated at such little financial output.

We also could really use a player like Byram. I've had an eye on him ever since we were linked a few seasons ago under Allardyce, who is a huge fan of him as well. We've been linked every window since, as I imagine has pretty much every other club. Jenkinson has been in a rough patch of form, to the point where we are starting a CB Tomkins there instead (and tbf he has done rather well). Also, Arsenal are demanding a huge fee of (10-12mil) for Jenkinson, which we just won't pay. Having a decent alternative to Jenkinson would be perfect for the system we play, and I can definitely see why we might be moving for Byram. It'll be interesting to see who he ends up at, and I believe either team would be a good fit for him. Good luck for the rest of the season, except for when you play us. Also, apologies for the novel
Got any experience of KneesUpMotherBrown forum mate? Just that a poster there, jinxed, who they seem to treat as itk says WestHam seems to be talking down WestHam interest (post950), just wondered if he had a good track record.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160641&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=2180

Random note: I've noticed that some posters, who claim to know how much we pay players, claim that we are paying Payet an obscene amount of money. To clear things up: Andy Carroll has been highly documented by just about everyone as being our highest paid player by a longshot, at somewhere between 75-80k/wk. I admit this is extremely high for an injury prone player, and you can crack jokes at our expense for that as you please. We don't have any other players close to this wage, so rumours that Payet is being paid 70k/wk or more (I saw one poster say 120k/wk o_Olol) are ridiculous. Payet is on around 55-65k/wk (the consensus is 60k/wk, so if you're hearing any different, you need to check the source again.) We were lucky to get him from a club who is skint, and therefore couldn't offer him any sort of decent pay. Just thought I would clear that up.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/report-payets-irons-wage-offer-revealed/

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/24/west-ham-dimitri-payet-Marseille

So seeing as apparently you "developed" Cresswell at age 25, would you say you're also developing Payet right now?

Well one fan did say that on Twitter, so obviously he is the voice of all West Ham fans!

You could say we enhanced his development, but no one truly believes we developed him as a youngster, other than children on social media. We have a good track record of bringing players through, as do you lot, so neither move would be a bad one for him.

Well one fan did say that on Twitter, so obviously he is the voice of all West Ham fans!

You could say we enhanced his development, but no one truly believes we developed him as a youngster, other than children on social media. We have a good track record of bringing players through, as do you lot, so neither move would be a bad one for him.

Good track record?

Wasnt Lampard the last 1 mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back