Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got any experience of KneesUpMotherBrown forum mate? Just that a poster there, jinxed, who they seem to treat as itk says WestHam seems to be talking down WestHam interest (post950), just wondered if he had a good track record.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160641&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=2180

Yes. Jinxed is actually one of the more accurate posters when it comes to inside information. There is a good chance he is right on this one too, as it's only the media who claim we have an interest. I personally hope he is a true insider, because he has made some great claims about our future, and the investment/players soon to come in. We will have to wait and see on this transfer though.

Fair enough if you truly hold no ill will over the situation but what enjoyment do you get out of speculating with fans from other clubs about players you both might sign? I barely get any out of speculating with fellow Everton supporters. Do you have an account on all the prem league teams forums?

Yes, every single one of them. Not just them, but the lower leagues and foreign leagues as well! I have no life, you see ;)

No, I have one on here, and KUMB. I have one here because I actually like Everton, and you lot seem okay. As you can see, I don't post here often and just wanted to give my opinion on the matter. Keeps me entertained when I'm supposed to be working.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...sam-byram-west-ham-newcastle?CMP=share_btn_tw
But West Ham and Newcastle have also made an approach for Byram and the right-back will have several options to consider this month.

“I would say so, yes,” said Martínez on Byram having rival suitors. “He is a young man with a lot of experience of the Championship but his next step needs to be a good step for Sam and his family. It is not going to happen overnight. As a football club we’ve done everything we can do so far in registering our interest. “There is nothing concrete. It is still in the early stages and everything will develop over the next few days. It is looking more like Monday before anything else happens. We have a good relationship with Leeds and we will be allowed to speak to the player.”

The Leeds manager, Steve Evans, has said he expects Byram to play against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday if the move to Everton is not concluded on Friday. Evans said: “If nothing is concluded with Sam today, I will see with the president if I can have him in my team tomorrow. I’m expecting Sam Byram in this morning and I’m expecting him to train.” Martínez insists he has no issue with Byram competing in a Yorkshire derby. “Sam is a Leeds United player,” he said. “That is why I never agree with the window being open while teams have got important games. We will see what develops over the weekend.”

I cant see us getting him and I'm not that bothered, tbh. I dont think he's anywhere near Coleman's quality. We should wait until the summer and tempt Chelsea to part with Christensen on loan at Gladbach.

Well one fan did say that on Twitter, so obviously he is the voice of all West Ham fans!

You could say we enhanced his development, but no one truly believes we developed him as a youngster, other than children on social media. We have a good track record of bringing players through, as do you lot, so neither move would be a bad one for him.
FFS stop being sensible and start being another @BrianSwan ! lol

Genuinely don't remember the last youth player that came through for you guys to be honest, was it Lampard (for real, not taking the piss as well)?

Good track record?

Wasnt Lampard the last 1 mate?

I assume you're trolling, or don't have much knowledge on other teams outside of Everton (fair enough either way). We have Noble and Tomkins in the first team who are academy lads, and we have Oxford, Page, Cullen, Burke, Samuelson (tbf not our academy product) coming through the ranks at the moment. Oxford and Cullen have been on the bench for the last few games, and Oxford has actually played a lot recently at age 17. Samuelson and Burke are receiving rave reviews out on loan. A decent amount of prospects coming through at the moment, just like you lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back