Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh like Galloway is playing left-back this season. He is 100% literally a future centre-half hence playing there in the Bundesliga and also there and CDM for Denmark.

He was brought in buy Gladbach because of his versatility. He can play on the right side of a defence as a CB (either in a two or three) or a right back. He's quick, reads the game well, likes to get up the pitch. That's from the few goes I've seen so far. If he couldn't do a job in this league at RB I'd eat my hat.

Apologies, I'll start with personal attacks! Err....Something about you breaking into cars, or *insert Merseyside stereotype here*. Also, Liverpool are way better in every way!
Its all true.
L postcodes are rough.
CH postcodes are sound.

Remember that when you use you tom tom for your next away.

Take a browse in the ale house.

He was brought in buy Gladbach because of his versatility. He can play on the right side of a defence as a CB (either in a two or three) or a right back. He's quick, reads the game well, likes to get up the pitch. That's from the few goes I've seen so far. If he couldn't do a job in this league at RB I'd eat my hat.

Lennon can "do a job" at right-back why the Hell would we sign a player to "do a job"? He's a brilliant prospect but to buy him as a back-up right-back is just a complete waste. Need your head wobbling a bit mate.

Surely if he has serious ambitions he will never contemplate signing for a joke club like Newcastle... now West Ham, I'm not so sure... I'd like to think we are a more attractive destination for young English players as they have a good chance to get game time here if they perform well... but West Ham only have Jenkinson for this season and we have Coleman here for the long term, so he'll have a mightily tough task to overcome Seamus in the pecking order. I hope he values not having to move far from his home with Liverpool and he'd probably be a good addition to the squad, albeit I haven't seen him play once. :D

Also: His forehead is too high to my liking, so I wouldn't be so sure about us needing him...

Lennon can "do a job" at right-back why the Hell would we sign a player to "do a job"? He's a brilliant prospect but to buy him as a back-up right-back is just a complete waste. Need your head wobbling a bit mate.

Anyway, I don't think there's any point in discussing Christensen... Gladbach have loaned him for two seasons and he's their best defender already, he'll surely return to Chelsea afterwards.

Apologies, I'll start with personal attacks! Err....Something about you breaking into cars, or *insert Merseyside stereotype here*. Also, Liverpool are way better in every way!

In all seriousness, we have Tomkins and Noble coming through, and a few youngsters coming through that are showing a lot of promise. Refer to one of my other posts about the same subject :)
I'm Eastern European and live in Glasgow, so you've got a lot more to be a bell about than that tbh lol

Yeah, I saw, fair play. Just not that much in touch with a lot of other team's youth prospects/teams!

Ha Ha Ha. It has been said.

I've only seen him play a few times admittedly but when I do he has always been their stand-out player, along with one of their midfielders whose name for the life of me I can't remember. There's no doubt that he's strong going forward, but I didn't think he was as poor defensively as some in the media/social media are making out.

You are talking about Lewis Cook. Cook and Charlie Taylor are real prospects. Both out of contract in 2017 and I doubt they will extend unfortunately.

Byram is strong defensively you are right.

All that means is that the owner doesn't want him to get injured before he sells him. Hopefully it'll be to us though and it'll all get sorted soon.
True but looking like the remaining main issue is the deal with the player - Phil Hay also tweeted that formal talks with him are being held on Sunday.

Still time for it all fall through of course but at least moving in a promising direction.

Thats good news and i think Martinez said we wouls know more on Monday (from what others have posted).

Ordinarily an uncapped (even at yourh level) right back wouldnt really be interesting when we have Coleman BUT over the past few years he's been really highly rated and i think if we sign him then the defence is almost complete...

LB -- Baines / Garbutt
LCB -- Jags /Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Stones / Holgate / Pennington /Browning
RB -- Coleman / Byram

Also we seem to have a couple of decent defenders coming through such as newly signed Foulds, 16 year old Feeney and Kenny as well.

Other than Jagielka and then Baines creeping up age wise we seem to have with Byram someone to tick all the boxes and add to the fantastc depth + we should see over the next two seasons how good some of these players are.

If Coleman is worth £15-20mil and Byram can dislodge him then i think for £3.7mil its a fantastic piece of business + if he becomes first choice for us he should be first choice for England too just by being better than Coleman.

One concern is that Kenny now has an extra body in the way to his progress -- what does this mean long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back