Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I`ve seen, but what are we playing at the moment?

Come on mate honestly do you believe any of these players are gonna up their game and change their attitudes if someone like Moyes was in charge?

We could have went 2 points off 4th last night with a win, they play for a top manager well respected and highly thought of my many top players and ex-professionals and they couldn’t be motivated or go the extra yard for him, what more motivation do they need?

What do you think Moyes who took Everton to an FA Cup final 12 years ago is gonna do with our frauds?

Come on mate honestly do you believe any of these players are gonna up their game and change their attitudes if someone like Moyes was in charge?

We could have went 2 points off 4th last night with a win, they play for a top manager well respected and highly thought of my many top players and ex-professionals and they couldn’t be motivated or go the extra yard for him, what more motivation do they need?

What do you think Moyes who took Everton to an FA Cup final 12 years ago is gonna do with our frauds?

Just for the record.....

I don`t want Moyes, but he didn`t accept gutless performances as CA clearly does. How many have we seen? Even Arteta sacked off some of his "Star Players" and played the youngsters, we need to do similar because these players will not learn until they aren`t playing.

You call Marcel brands the architect on one hand and claim longstaff, Shelvey and loftus cheek would walk into our team ahead of any of the 5 central midfielders he’s bought for over £100m on the other. Makes perfect sense, if you ignore the fact that it doesn’t.

Half the time I call him the architect just to wind Dave up.

Allan Docuoure are better than those. However getting both of those fit on the same pitch at the same time as been a challenge. I have no idea if Gbamin is better as we haven’t seen him play. Delph is better than them but hasn’t been fit. Gomes was better than them pre injury but he hasn’t ever reclaimed those levels so fine if you want to put that one on Brands.

He didn’t buy Davies or Siggurdson though. Those two combined with the now broken Gomes is a bad combo whenever two of the three are on the pitch together.

Just for the record.....

I don`t want Moyes, but he didn`t accept gutless performances as CA clearly does. How many have we seen? Even Arteta sacked off some of his "Star Players" and played the youngsters, we need to do similar because these players will not learn until they aren`t playing.
I don't think not playing will bother some of these players.

Moyes is a hopeless dinosaur who was holding us back - according to some on here..
He was IMO, he did well under the circumstances. But after 11 years we needed to move on, just because the managers that have replaced him, haven’t kicked us on. Doesn’t mean we should want him back.

He took over a title winning side, spent 70mil on 2 players and ended up mid table and sacked.

What he’s doing at the moment is perfect job for him. He gets West Ham europa league football. And he will be hailed a hero. Under no pressure to do anything else. He’s already come Witt the, “ we can’t get top 4 Witt the teams we are competing with”

If he spends 10yrs there and gets to a cup semi and a cup final. But lose. They finish top 7
A few times and play in Europe but get no further than the last 16. Will West Ham fans will be happy to have another 10yrs of that. Or will they think, let’s give someone else a chance that might kick us that little bit more. To maybe win us a trophy or get top 4.

Just for the record.....

How does Carlo accept them though? We don’t know that. He looked peed off last night in his interview. He wasn’t happy on the touch line either. The man is a winner with a proven record of winning as if he’s going to accept crap like that... come on!

Two of them players in that starting XI were his last night the rest the same old turgid players who’ve let us down consistently for two seasons... that says it all.

Also we don’t have any youngsters to throw in. Everyone thought Gordon was ready to be given game time and criticised Carlo for not playing him and it was proven he wasn’t ready, the lad isn’t even starting every game for Preston North Endz

Half the time I call him the architect just to wind Dave up.

Allan Docuoure are better than those. However getting both of those fit on the same pitch at the same time as been a challenge. I have no idea if Gbamin is better as we haven’t seen him play. Delph is better than them but hasn’t been fit. Gomes was better than them pre injury but he hasn’t ever reclaimed those levels so fine if you want to put that one on Brands.

He didn’t buy Davies or Siggurdson though. Those two combined with the now broken Gomes is a bad combo whenever two of the three are on the pitch together.
I’ve said the same thing before but it’s true. You can’t put out a team with 6 brands signings in - plus DCL who he didn’t sign but has repeatedly championed - get hammered, and simultaneously claim that he’s doing a good job and that the team is rubbish so no manager could do better. It makes no sense.

Give Carlo a 3-5 year contract extension!

We wont get any better so back him in the transfer market and give him a chance to build his team and squad.

Doubt we can go mad with transfers with the new stadium to pay for etc but 5 in and 5 out each year of his choosing and then lets see where we are in 3 years time.

With the type of player Carlo can attract to the club we have a chance to build something good if we are patient enough.

I’ve said the same thing before but it’s true. You can’t put out a team with 6 brands signings in - plus DCL who he didn’t sign but has repeatedly championed - get hammered, and simultaneously claim that he’s doing a good job and that the team is rubbish so no manager could do better. It makes no sense.

I think Brands has brought in better players and improved the first team from what it was. It still doesn’t mean that they can’t play badly at times.

My main issue is the lack of pace in the team especially in midfield. We’ve bought players to try to change that but they’re not fit. A midfield of Gbamin Allan Docuoure all full fit is a completely different proposition to any containing Davies Siggurdson Gomes. We just can’t field those players together though and we don’t have any replacement for them. It limits us tactically, we essentially have only a few ways to play.

A summer of Gbamin and Delph returning to fitness, a couple more midfield signings with pace, and a right back and we’d make a huge step forward. We are going nowhere with these slow weak midfielders though. If people want to blame Brands for them still being here then so be it, in my opinion he’s tried to buy midfielders to replace them but injuries have meant it hasn’t worked out yet.

Give Carlo a 3-5 year contract extension!

We wont get any better so back him in the transfer market and give him a chance to build his team and squad.

Doubt we can go mad with transfers with the new stadium to pay for etc but 5 in and 5 out each year of his choosing and then lets see where we are in 3 years time.

With the type of player Carlo can attract to the club we have a chance to build something good if we are patient enough.

Get rid of Carlo, dear me...
Its embarrassing, if this was his third season with us, then maybe.. Its been a year with us and we are competing for European places and been nowhere near relegation.

I think Brands has brought in better players and improved the first team from what it was. It still doesn’t mean that they can’t play badly at times.

My main issue is the lack of pace in the team especially in midfield. We’ve bought players to try to change that but they’re not fit. A midfield of Gbamin Allan Docuoure all full fit is a completely different proposition to any containing Davies Siggurdson Gomes. We just can’t field those players together though and we don’t have any replacement for them. It limits us tactically, we essentially have only a few ways to play.

A summer of Gbamin and Delph returning to fitness, a couple more midfield signings with pace, and a right back and we’d make a huge step forward. We are going nowhere with these slow weak midfielders though. If people want to blame Brands for them still being here then so be it, in my opinion he’s tried to buy midfielders to replace them but injuries have meant it hasn’t worked out yet.
Brands took over a team that was very much the 7th/8th best in the league. 3 years and countless millions of pounds later we have people saying ancelotti is working miracles having ‘these players’ fighting for the top 6 and saying it’s totally acceptable for us not to be able to EVER have more shots than the opposition. It just doesn’t add up, whichever way you look at it. Either brands hasn’t recruited well enough or ancelotti isn’t getting the most out of them. Quite simply, they can’t both be doing well when that’s the case.

Last edited:
Just for the record.....

Some of the absolute garbage posted on here...

In what way is he accepting it? What possible evidence do you have of that? Zero is the answer. He has a finite amount of players available currently who are of a certain standard. We are where we should be in the league and won't be able to climb significantly until we get better players. Until that happens, stop whinging and stop suggesting we'd be better off under David Moyes.

Dear me.

Brands took over a team that was very much the 7th/8th best in the league. 3 years and countless millions of pounds later we have people saying ancelotti is working miracles having ‘these players’ fighting for the top 6 and saying it’s totally acceptable for us not to be able to EVER have more shots than the opposition. It just doesn’t add up, whichever way you look at it. Either brands hasn’t recruited well enough or ancelotti isn’t getting the most of them. Quite simply, they can’t both be doing well when that’s the case.
The league has moved on. Sheffield United spent £55 million quid last year. Bournemouth spent £50 million the year before. They both went down. The tv deals are so big, all clubs now spend big money, and that means there's no cannon fodder in the league. When I started watching us in the 70s there would be at least 6-8 clubs who were rubbish, these days you're lucky to get 2. This year it's WBA and Sheff Utd, anyone else is capable of beating anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back