Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue it's even worse form from Carlo that we're losing so many without the fans there. We've seen so many times how our players heads just drop when they hear a grumble from the supporters. The players have the freedom of the field to just play their game this season but they're largely embarrassing themselves.
Up the anti Bullens or ssshhhhhh

Brands took over a team that was very much the 7th/8th best in the league. 3 years and countless millions of pounds later we have people saying ancelotti is working miracles having ‘these players’ fighting for the top 6 and saying it’s totally acceptable for us not to be able to EVER have more shots than the opposition. It just doesn’t add up, whichever way you look at it. Either brands hasn’t recruited well enough or ancelotti isn’t getting the most of them. Quite simply, they can’t both be doing well when that’s the case.

You know we disagree on the quality of the team he picked up. If you think that was a top 8 squad (rather than a team that managed to finish 8th with a very poor points record) that’s up to you. I don’t think it was anywhere near the 7th/8th best squad in the league and was in fact one of the poorest in our premier league history. We are at opposite ends of this opinion though hence our divergence of views on Brands. You think he hasn’t progressed a decent squad, I think he’s turned around one of the worst squads we’ve ever had but he’s still got work to do.

Just for thTielemans, Ndidi, Neves etc all signed at young ages and well known highly rated players.
Weve got the premier league, Ancelotti, new stadium, a couple of 'star' quality names...we should be focusing on doing this ourselves this coming summer.

Weve had the Allan, James and Doucoure 'experienced' signings last year (which is fine), but we need to be constantly building.

Hopefully Ancelotti sees things the same way.
A quality RB wouid make a huge difference to this team. As In reality we can only attack down one side of the pitch. Opposition teams, will be like we can give Holgate & Coleman a bit more room if we have to. As they are very unlikely to hurt us.

The problem moving forward is if we have 2 full backs who want to push on. It puts more pressure on the CB’s Amd
You’ve got a Keane & Mina, who mentally want to sit deep. It will leave huge caps between the lines.

I think going to a back 5 may be the answer for a couple of years. Buy a young quality attacking RB. It would help him settle in. I think Digne is better going forward than defending. Get a Left footed CB who’s similar mould to Godfrey. And With Keane/Mina central and Holgate. That wouid be enough.

Sell, delph and Gomes. And buy another midfielder. Who at least can keep the ball. As we wouid only play 2 in that system. Allan, Doucoure, Gbamin. And a new one should be enough. With Davies as well.

Then you have James & siggurdsson in the playmaking role, I’d try and sell siggurdsson, but the rumours are he will get a new deal. Then bring in a striker. That’s 4 players.

If Bernard goes and maybe iwobi as well. We would need another forward player. Not king,
But someone who could play a few positions and is maybe on a free. Or loan.

I think for the players we have it’s probably the best system. Godfrey has had a great first season, but has also looked a bit in experienced. With another pacey defender the other side. We could push up as a 3. Making the pitch wide and getting our full backs into dangerous area, hopefully getting quality crosses in. Wouid be huge for DCL and Richarlison who’s good in the air. Again Richarlison is better up front. James better behind them. In the 10 role.

The league has moved on. Sheffield United spent £55 million quid last year. Bournemouth spent £50 million the year before. They both went down. The tv deals are so big, all clubs now spend big money, and that means there's no cannon fodder in the league. When I started watching us in the 70s there would be at least 6-8 clubs who were rubbish, these days you're lucky to get 2. This year it's WBA and Sheff Utd, anyone else is capable of beating anyone.
While I’m not sure if that was ever particularly true, it certainly hasn’t changed in the last 3 years has it? So I’m unsure of the relevance? I fully accept that our squad isn’t necessarily good enough for us to expect to outplay Burnley, Fulham, Newcastle, West Brom, West Ham etc every single time we play them. I absolutely do not accept that it’s not good enough to outplay them any time we play them.

Look lads we aren't the only sides losing to bad opposition that are chasing Europe. We are still having an impressive season with some disastrous results in between. And ill never forget Carlo for breaking that 22 year Anfield spell. No matter what happens in his reign.

Gotta keep fighting for Europe.

You know we disagree on the quality of the team he picked up. If you think that was a top 8 squad (rather than a team that managed to finish 8th with a very poor points record) that’s up to you. I don’t think it was anywhere near the 7th/8th best squad in the league and was in fact one of the poorest in our premier league history. We are at opposite ends of this opinion though hence our divergence of views on Brands. You think he hasn’t progressed a decent squad, I think he’s turned around one of the worst squads we’ve ever had but he’s still got work to do.
So by definition you think Ronald koeman did a great job. Ok mate.

Some of them have better faster fitter midfielders than we do. Davies Siggurdson Gomes are some of the worst in the league. Fulham have Ruben Loftus Cheek on their bench, he’d walk into our team. Shelvey and Longstaff would walk into our midfield. We massively overrate our own players and underrate other teams. These teams aren’t rubbish by any long shot, they are marginally worse than some of the other teams in this league. Most teams can match their pace and effort and then the quality tells. We can’t match any team’s pace as we are the slowest in the league so sometimes are quality isn’t enough sometimes it is.
So because SOME of them have better faster fitter midfields we can't outshoot the opposition in any? We had a £25m player in Gomes and a £20m Allan in midfield. Burnleys entire starting 11 probably wasn't even £25m. How is it that they can get around the pitch and having their way with our team? They played better football yesterday than we have since before the first Liverpool match.

I am so upset I have posted this twice on purpose. I confess I did watch the entire Burnley game. I did not switch off as has been my habit in recent months. Next season there will not be this option. I am dreading sitting at Goodison and watching this frankly appalling standard of football. I met two Evertonians separately earlier today, and both said how awful our football style is to watch, so it is not just me then. Would just a couple of decent signings change this terrible style of playing into an entertaining one? I fear not. I believe Carlo is in for a load of barracking next season if we continue to lump high balls in the general direction of a lone striker, and pass backwards and sideways at every opportunity. The name of Everton is historically associated with class and stylish football not this mockery of the game.

So because SOME of them have better faster fitter midfields we can't outshoot the opposition in any? We had a £25m player in Gomes and a £20m Allan in midfield. Burnleys entire starting 11 probably wasn't even £25m. How is it that they can get around the pitch and having their way with our team? They played better football yesterday than we have since before the first Liverpool match.

Because we keep buying slow players, and the players we buy who do have pace keep getting injured.

Brands took over a team that was very much the 7th/8th best in the league. 3 years and countless millions of pounds later we have people saying ancelotti is working miracles having ‘these players’ fighting for the top 6 and saying it’s totally acceptable for us not to be able to EVER have more shots than the opposition. It just doesn’t add up, whichever way you look at it. Either brands hasn’t recruited well enough or ancelotti isn’t getting the most out of them. Quite simply, they can’t both be doing well when that’s the case.
Talking absolute bobo here.

Money spent doesn't = quality on pitch. The team is rubbish. Once we lose 2 or 3 key players it's evident we're a mid table sqaud who'd finish 10th or below if we lost them long term. When everyone's fit, we're prob 8th at best, on paper. So yeah Carlos doing a great job and yesterday doesn't change that. We're above 8th and will probably get 6th all being well.

Your post overlooks the mentality of this squad due to signing too many relegated players or "big 6" failures. So you think Carlo is the issue and want him sacked so we can do the manager merrygo round of crap no marks all over again? We don't need more managers, we need players with more hunger and we need players who provide creativity as we won't get shots without someone creating chances. We rely on Digne, James and Siggy for chances, only Digne started yesterday.

Really think people overlook the damage done by Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce and how long it's going to take to recover. We're almost there.

Money spent doesn't = quality on pitch. The team is rubbish. Once we lose 2 or 3 key players it's evident we're a mid table sqaud who'd finish 10th or below if we lost them long term. When everyone's fit, we're prob 8th at best, on paper. So yeah Carlos doing a great job and yesterday doesn't change that. We're above 8th and will probably get 6th all being well.

Your post overlooks the mentality of this squad due to signing too many relegated players or "big 6" failures. So you think Carlo is the issue and want him sacked so we can do the manager merrygo round of crap no marks all over again? We don't need more managers, we need players with more hunger and we need players who provide creativity as we won't get shots without someone creating chances. We rely on Digne, James and Siggy for chances, only Digne started yesterday.
It’s not me talking ‘bobo’ (?!) mate. You appear to have somehow completely the missed entire point of what I was saying.

Really think people overlook the damage done by Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce and how long it's going to take to recover. We're almost there.
Why is it that when someone criticizes Carlo and the way the team is coming out the default is always some asinine extreme "OH you want him SACKED!" response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back