Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep no athletes in midfield. Brandts only buys slow midgets and divas. How do you want to play premier league football with that crap. Nobody right in his mind would buy Bernard and Iwobi. Both are unable to run in a straight line without falling over there own feet. Rodriguez is a fair weather footballer. Take him out of sunny Monaco or Madrid and he is completely useless. Play him against Newcastle, Burnley and they rough him up once or twice and he runs crying to Mama Carlo. Never seen a team of girls like that. Davies is unable to play facing his own goal. Every team has noticed that, he gets pressed and loses the ball. Most of the time it results in clear goal opportunity. Bambi a good athlete, a very poor footballer. Unable to control a ball on a consistent basis. His shooting ability is ....
Who?

I honestly don't agree given the standard of players he's working with.

We've been playing badly and Carlo has still had us winning points. I think that's the sign of a good manager working with a poor set of players

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but there are some players that should be nowhere near the starting 11 for a team going for top 6, and Carlo hasn't had any choice but to play them
I just find it weird that people thought silva had underperformed finishing 8th with players like Bernard as his main men, but now they can hardly get on the bench and suddenly 8th would be fine because the squads apparently relegation standard despite never having finished lower than 12th.

The lack of pace is by far and away our biggest problem. 13/14 we had pace almost everywhere across the team except for Barry. Barkley McCarthy Lukaku Mirallas Deulofeu Stones Distin Coleman Baines. We could get on top of teams and really stretch them all over the park. It gave Barry the pace to pick passes. Over time we’ve replaced these players with very slow ones Davies Siggurdson Gomes Bernard Keane Mina and James (even though he is very good). Coleman has declined and lost a yard as well.

It’s just not enough to consistently beat teams home and away in this league, especially the top ones who just do not carry slow players. We have to build around Godfrey Digne Docuoure Allan DCL Richalrison going forward and keep adding pace and power in every single window. James should be the only slow player we carry in the 11.
Spot on. It's imperative that we buy a midfielder with pace and energy over the summer. My concern is that Carlo's preferred way of playing is the more studied approach and that he may just add another steady, probably continental, player instead.

After that fantastic start to the season I dont think I could take an 8th place finish be shocking to not get europe.

I think we'll 6th or 7th Spurs will finish above us if we finish 7th and 4 of the teams left in FA Cup are likely to finish top 5. Therefore 6th will get Europa League and 7th Conference League. I think we have enough just to make Europe hope its the Europa League.

I think we'll 6th or 7th Spurs will finish above us if we finish 7th and 4 of the teams left in FA Cup are likely to finish top 5. Therefore 6th will get Europa League and 7th Conference League. I think we have enough just to make Europe hope its the Europa League.

Think we'll go on another mini slump myself mate cant see us getting much out of either Palace or Brighton unless he changes the system up.

This diamond system just doesnt work.

Think we'll go on another mini slump myself mate cant see us getting much out of either Palace or Brighton unless he changes the system up.

This diamond system just doesnt work.

Diamond would work if Doucoure and James/Sigurdsson available, not with that midfield yesterday.

I'm hoping with James back after break and Sigurdsson back we go 4-2-3-1 with James RW and Sigurdsson 10.

After that fantastic start to the season I dont think I could take an 8th place finish be shocking to not get europe.

Be a sickener looking back if we completely miss out on Europe. So many opportunities to push on and distance ourselves from everyone below us and so many times we’ve cocked it up.

I’ve honestly just had enough of some of the wasters in this squad. Wish we could just fast forward to at least two seasons and have a near completely different squad.

If we head into the new season with the likes of Iwobi and Gomes still here I will be very underwhelmed.

Be a sickener looking back if we completely miss out on Europe. So many opportunities to push on and distance ourselves from everyone below us and so many times we’ve cocked it up.

I’ve honestly just had enough of some of the wasters in this squad. Wish we could just fat forward to at least two seasons and have a near completely different squad.

If we head into the season with the likes of Iwobi and Gomes still here I will be very underwhelmed.
But the reason we had a chance is that everybody else in the league is inconsistent as us.

Also I get all teams have been inconsistent and struggled with home games, Liverpool are on a crap run at the moment but our record at home just completely stinks.

CF23C318-B3BD-4E8C-833F-F86271BFDC32.webp

Again I ask, without speaking day to day with each player, how are you able to judge what their feelings are?
How do I judge players feelings towards winning when I've witnessed them half heartedly move on and off the ball..... Show little effort in putting in the hard yards generally show complete apathy at the final whistle....... Well I just did.

I just find it weird that people thought silva had underperformed finishing 8th with players like Bernard as his main men, but now they can hardly get on the bench and suddenly 8th would be fine because the squads apparently relegation standard despite never having finished lower than 12th.

I wouldn't be happy with 8th but it's a 4 place improvement on last season and if we did the same improvement next year we will finish 4th. When Silva finished 8th I was disappointed I thought 7th was achievable however for the sake of one place I thought fair enough. However he then did a Koeman and went backwards. If we finish 8th this season, which I actually think we will finish above, we have finished below par for what we could have but its where many said we would finish before the season started. My par was 6th but I've always been a slight optimist. I still don't believe top 4 is impossible yet, although it is unlikely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back