Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be happy with 8th but it's a 4 place improvement on last season and if we did the same improvement next year we will finish 4th. When Silva finished 8th I was disappointed I thought 7th was achievable however for the sake of one place I thought fair enough. However he then did a Koeman and went backwards. If we finish 8th this season, which I actually think we will finish above, we have finished below par for what we could have but its where many said we would finish before the season started. My par was 6th but I've always been a slight optimist. I still don't believe top 4 is impossible yet, although it is unlikely now.
I’ve said all season 7th was par for me at the start of the season. The fact that certain teams who you would expect to finish above Us are having poor seasons means we’ve had a big opportunity to do a lot better than that but while I’d be disappointed if we don’t take it I couldn’t really complain. I don’t think ancelottis doing a bad job, I’m certainly not saying sack him or he’s under pressure or whatever, I’m just not sure he’s currently doing a particularly job either. We’re pretty much exactly where I expected us to be, only playing much worse football than I’d envisaged. The opportunity is still there to push on, and if we finish top 6 it’s a job well done. Currently I just can’t see is doing that, and I think we look seriously vulnerable to 2/3 teams below us based on how we’re playing. If that happens I’ll be saying this has been an awful season. Finishing 8th/9th playing this dull, passionless and uninspiring football would be a really really poor return.

Injury-hit season, with some out of form players, silly mistakes.

Sure its down to the manager to fix these things, but hes got us believing for most of the season, sure a few heads have dropped and we had some shocking results and terrible performances, but the season isn't over yet, not even if we lose next week, still everything to play for.

Keep the faith, Carlo is the best man for this job, his name rings out, he knows how to win trophies and he knows what and who it takes.

Trust in the process, trust in Carlo, he will do it, if WE back him, if WE keep believing.

This next bit seem a bit silly, considering that we haven't done a thing for 25 years, but be patient, it was never going to be fixed overnight.

We are and have been a nothing club for almost 30 years an overthought, a club with a great history who has spent more years fighting relegation than it has competing at the very top. There is no magic wand, it was always going to take time, just be patient and never stop believing.

In Carlo we trust, cos whoever we get after Carlo is a massive downgrade.

One thing thats frustrating is we dont seem capable of getting a draw we either win or we lose.

Turn just 2x of those defeats to draws from the defeats at Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley, Leeds, WHU and it looks much better in the table.

Got to start learning to grind out draws if we cant win the game.

I’ve said all season 7th was par for me at the start of the season. The fact that certain teams who you would expect to finish above Us are having poor seasons means we’ve had a big opportunity to do a lot better than that but while I’d be disappointed if we don’t take it I couldn’t really complain. I don’t think ancelottis doing a bad job, I’m certainly not saying sack him or he’s under pressure or whatever, I’m just not sure he’s currently doing a particularly job either. We’re pretty much exactly where I expected us to be, only playing much worse football than I’d envisaged. The opportunity is still there to push on, and if we finish top 6 it’s a job well done. Currently I just can’t see is doing that, and I think we look seriously vulnerable to 2/3 teams below us based on how we’re playing. If that happens I’ll be saying this has been an awful season. Finishing 8th/9th playing this dull, passionless and uninspiring football would be a really really poor return.

Finishing 8th/9th would be disappointing but if James gets back out there I would expect both the results and the performances to improve. Ancelotti had done a good job in my opinion just doesn't seem to have any idea how to break the rubbish teams down. Give him another year to get more of his own players in and we'll be up there. Even Pep finished 4th in his first season and that was with City I know Ancelotti has already had half a season but he couldn't do much in that time. I'm with you that this season is a bit of a missed opportunity but the reason it's like that is because teams have been levelled by injuries and fixture congestion so there will be fans of other teams kicking themselves as well.

Sure its down to the manager to fix these things, but hes got us believing for most of the season, sure a few heads have dropped and we had some shocking results and terrible performances, but the season isn't over yet, not even if we lose next week, still everything to play for.

Keep the faith, Carlo is the best man for this job, his name rings out, he knows how to win trophies and he knows what and who it takes.

Trust in the process, trust in Carlo, he will do it, if WE back him, if WE keep believing.

This next bit seem a bit silly, considering that we haven't done a thing for 25 years, but be patient, it was never going to be fixed overnight.

We are and have been a nothing club for almost 30 years an overthought, a club with a great history who has spent more years fighting relegation than it has competing at the very top. There is no magic wand, it was always going to take time, just be patient and never stop believing.

This is all very true and I feel a little better after reading it.

I find it vexing that most teams regardless of quality can just implement a full press and we completely crumble. Not just that, but in most instances they can press the entire pitch and yet.comfortably amass a solid defensive presence in their box when we in the off chance our attack can mosey over on their goal. So there's no deterrent for a team to not apply a press on us, as we lack urgency to exploit their tactics.

He's got us right on track in terms of where I'd hoped we'd be when he took over and at the start of this season.

This squad is not far away now. One more really good window and I think we're there.

It was never all going to click this year, but we've done well with the players we've had at our disposal.

If Moshiri and Brands correct the most obvious and serious flaws in his squad in the summer (and I am very confident they will), he will do the rest.

If Docuoure Allan and James had played malt games this season we’d be better off no doubt. Instead Allan and James have been out or not fit more often than not and now we’ll miss Docuoure, plus Digne Holgate Delph and Gbamin have all had long spells out. We needed to go injury free like Leicester or Liverpool did, same as City are this season.

If Docuoure Allan and James had played malt games this season we’d be better off no doubt. Instead Allan and James have been out or not fit more often than not and now we’ll miss Docuoure, plus Digne Holgate Delph and Gbamin have all had long spells out. We needed to go injury free like Leicester or Liverpool did, same as City are this season.
Ped FC had no injuries last season, walked the title, miss a few key players this season and they competing for 9th with us.

I'll bet they can't wait for some loud-mouthed blert to abuse them stupid for 90 minutes

To be fair they’ve shown that without those loud mouth blerts they just slack off completely. A lack of fans has done nothing for the confidence of these players. They haven’t shown us they can play with the pressure off. It’s been a complete and utter rebuttal of the ‘negative fans’ argument. Instead it’s probably the fans that have stopped certain teams getting relegated in the past.

Allan's form was already on its way down in Naples. It really has continued this season, large variations in performance and relatively high injury frequency. At best a very good player, but as an investment object he involves great risk.

Its interesting this - while Allan Doucoure & James are 100% very exciting, massive signings, of course we have to be realistic that while Ancelotti was a big factor, they could have / would have gone to better teams if they were also super consistent and fit. But they are good risks to take because they are the type o midfielders we needed, and not in the category of Siggy, Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes and other Koeman/Walsh signings which made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back