Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a squad full of international players

we have spent over 450 million in the past 4 seasons

we have one of the best managers in the world "on paper"

we have not outplayed a single prem league side at home since 1st March 2020 apart from 10 man west brom.
Brighton. But yeah that's the list.

It was beyond negligent to loan out Kean and not replace him, loan out Walcott and leave us with absolutely no pace either.

The one season we could have had a proper go at top 4 and we’ve blown it.

Everyone will be far stronger next season and once again we play catch up.
Tbf it is very possible that 4th ends up on a mid to high 60s point total this season which is about where the target will be next year as well to have a chance. It's just that Chelsea needing to switch managers and Spurs, Arsenal and the RS not really taking part makes it look a lot weaker.

It’s not me talking ‘bobo’ (?!) mate. You appear to have somehow completely the missed entire point of what I was saying.

'Bobo' is the tagalog word for idiot.

Yep no athletes in midfield. Brandts only buys slow midgets and divas. How do you want to play premier league football with that crap. Nobody right in his mind would buy Bernard and Iwobi. Both are unable to run in a straight line without falling over there own feet. Rodriguez is a fair weather footballer. Take him out of sunny Monaco or Madrid and he is completely useless. Play him against Newcastle, Burnley and they rough him up once or twice and he runs crying to Mama Carlo. Never seen a team of girls like that. Davies is unable to play facing his own goal. Every team has noticed that, he gets pressed and loses the ball. Most of the time it results in clear goal opportunity. Bambi a good athlete, a very poor footballer. Unable to control a ball on a consistent basis. His shooting ability is ....

Doucoure ?

Its interesting this - while Allan Doucoure & James are 100% very exciting, massive signings, of course we have to be realistic that while Ancelotti was a big factor, they could have / would have gone to better teams if they were also super consistent and fit. But they are good risks to take because they are the type o midfielders we needed, and not in the category of Siggy, Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes and other Koeman/Walsh signings which made no sense.

i think our best signings under Ancelotti have been Doucoure and Godfrey.

James and Allan should both be in the teak by the next league games as well.

Branthwaite and Nkounkou bargain buys.

Not sure any of those 4 had too many other options aside from Nkounkou...

we have a squad full of international players

we have spent over 450 million in the past 4 seasons

we have one of the best managers in the world "on paper"

we have not outplayed a single prem league side at home since 1st March 2020 apart from 10 man west brom.

I think you mean:

"We havent played to my personal tastes at home since 1st March 2020".

I thought I could handle watching tight, defensive and efficient football played well, but we aren’t even very good at that.
City game coming up, CBA even watching it, it’s another home defeat.
Not putting myself through 90 minutes of sheer crap from the likes of Iwobi and Gomes again.

Very interesting article by Jenas on BBC about the loss to Arsenal and how his optimism vanished when he realised the positive football was just against minnows and how Spurs reverted back to a defensive game giving control to Arsenal.. and then the outcome..

reading that you could have replaced Spurs for Everton and Mourinho for Carlo and it would have felt right at home.

key point :”Going into any derby with the type of mentality I saw from the whole Spurs team in the first half is asking for trouble. They were there to be beaten, as simple as that.”

only difference is this is how we play against every team, not just the top. For us it has worked out in our Derby but even Jenas knows giving another team control is asking for trouble.

Very interesting article by Jenas on BBC about the loss to Arsenal and how his optimism vanished when he realised the positive football was just against minnows and how Spurs reverted back to a defensive game giving control to Arsenal.. and then the outcome..

reading that you could have replaced Spurs for Everton and Mourinho for Carlo and it would have felt right at home.

key point :”Going into any derby with the type of mentality I saw from the whole Spurs team in the first half is asking for trouble. They were there to be beaten, as simple as that.”

only difference is this is how we play against every team, not just the top. For us it has worked out in our Derby but even Jeans knows giving another team control is asking for trouble.

Think lots of teams are living off the Leicester title winning model.

It shows us that the collective playing staff is just not good enough and the manager is not capable of getting consistent results out of them. For every unexpected defeat (Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley), there is an unexpected win (Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool). The players are the very definition of inconsistent. Now, we can blame the manager who has won everything, or we can quietly suggest that the players who have failed all through their careers are the problem. Right now, they are dragging him down and he's going to need a good transfer window to avoid getting the blame this time next year... I expect a ruthless summer full of horse's heads in beds.
When you only have 5 players capable of top 4 and one is injured that's what you get
Over to you Moshiri ,lot more cash needed

When you only have 5 players capable of top 4 and one is injured that's what you get
Over to you Moshiri ,lot more cash needed
I know we’re you coming from but just throwing cash around hasn’t worked for us,
What we need is good scouting but unfortunately with our DOF not sure this will happen

only difference is this is how we play against every team, not just the top. For us it has worked out in our Derby but even Jenas knows giving another team control is asking for trouble.

Spurs have a much better squad than ours and have had all their top players available for most of the season, certainly their most creative players. They also have creativity available from both flanks if/when they need to utilise.

I really don’t understand how people can’t comprehend just how big a problem injuries have been for us this season. It’s little coincidence that all of the exciting football we played earlier on in the season came to an abrupt end the moment we lost the likes of Coleman, Allan, James & Digne. The core of our team and what gives us balance. None of them players have played in the same side together since the derby In October, let that sink in.

How many other teams have had to use centre half’s as full backs most of the season? Or use back up players that we know just aren’t good enough?

If Carlo had decent players at his disposal all signed by him and the players were not putting in the level of performance we expect then it would be very hard not to criticise him.

I honestly don’t know what more he’s supposed to do with this current squad. It’s like some people just have short memories from seasons gone by with some of the crap we have had to deal with with them. Like they expect him to have Gomes pressing constantly for 90 minutes making defence splitting passes to our wingers/front men or players Alex Iwobi turning into some Ronaldo-esque winger who works his arse off.

Reality is our squad in general after the first 10 (I say 10 because we don’t have a right winger) is really really poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back