Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn’t get us Europe he has failed but we shouldn’t get rid because well what’s the point.
Overall, I see improvement, even if we don’t get Europe.

The issue is we still have a lot of deadweight players holding us back. Carlo had had one transfer window. Im expecting it to take at least another two before the squad is where he wants it to be.

There are still a lot of players to move off the wage bill.

The issue is we still have a lot of deadweight players holding us back. Carlo had had one transfer window. Im expecting it to take at least another two before the squad is where he wants it to be.

The issue is we have averted from our business model to sign 3 of the 4 players last season to bring instant success and that’s basically Europe.

I can see huge issues regarding those players in the summer, Allan and James haven’t come here to play no Europe for a second season

The issue is we have averted from our business model to sign 3 of the 4 players last season to bring instant success and that’s basically Europe.

I can see huge issues regarding those players in the summer, Allan and James haven’t come here to play no Europe for a second season
They have at their age, both 30 by July. They have had big fitness issues this season. They're going nowhere, Europe or not.

James doesn’t seem to have come here to play at all.

Well, that's not really right.

We as a fanbase - and I'm sure the club - knew when we signed him that we'd get tops half a season out of him. Hence the short contract, with an option.

By and large, when he's played, he's been superb, but if he could stay fit, he wouldn't be here, he'd be at PSG or Madrid or Atleti or Juve or even City etc

Our issue is that the team seems to have been built around him in terms of creativity and really that's not good enough. We need to start seeing, in the run in, some real formula for attacking teams now – something to build on next season but also just something that's going to get us points against the likes of Palace and Brighton at home. Because if we don't win those games, Europe isn't happening.

That is on Carlo, for now, to sort with what he has. And then in the summer, Brands needs to be absolutely spot on the ball with signings and can't have another window of leaving us short. He's got no excuses, he's spaffed money and wages on tosh too.

Well, that's not really right.

We as a fanbase - and I'm sure the club - knew when we signed him that we'd get tops half a season out of him. Hence the short contract, with an option.

By and large, when he's played, he's been superb, but if he could stay fit, he wouldn't be here, he'd be at PSG or Madrid or Atleti or Juve or even City etc

Our issue is that the team seems to have been built around him in terms of creativity and really that's not good enough. We need to start seeing, in the run in, some real formula for attacking teams now – something to build on next season but also just something that's going to get us points against the likes of Palace and Brighton at home. Because if we don't win those games, Europe isn't happening.

That is on Carlo, for now, to sort with what he has. And then in the summer, Brands needs to be absolutely spot on the ball with signings and can't have another window of leaving us short. He's got no excuses, he's spaffed money and wages on tosh too.
I have loved watching James when he plays, but he won’t get the latitude we’ve given him elsewhere.

The squad needs loads of work and money is finite. The biggest problem I see is the lack of players making the step up from U23. They should be the squad fillers and understudies that let us put our investment into bigger buys. However, this summer will be another window of open heart surgery.

This all day long

some bad players still here who need to go. It takes time and Carlo is doing it. We would have taken where we are at the start of the season. We are still in the fight for Europe so keep cheering them on, who knows what will be? offload a couple of frauds and bring in more playmakers. Nothing happens quickly.

The foundations of a decent side are there (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Godfrey, Keane, Digne) but we still need some more components and better squad depth (I haven't included James in the above as he's unreliable injury wise).

The big test next season is building a side that actually offers a threat going forward other than set plays. I mean WHU and Brighton have lesser players but still knock it about and offer something.

Thats my biggest worry we look incapable of actually playing decent attacking football outside of set pieces.

I have loved watching James when he plays, but he won’t get the latitude we’ve given him elsewhere.

The squad needs loads of work and money is finite. The biggest problem I see is the lack of players making the step up from U23. They should be the squad fillers and understudies that let us put our investment into bigger buys. However, this summer will be another window of open heart surgery.
He wants to play. It was the club's decision not to play him after the derby so that we can hopefully have him at 100% for the rest of the season.

It's crap, but it's what the trade off is with him unfortunately.

He's had injury issues and last season, hardly played. We shouldn't be totally reliant on him to create for us, should we - so that's on the manager.

The squad needs tons of work and the fact that we're so short is on the DoF who has been here 3 years.

The foundations of a decent side are there (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Godfrey, Keane, Digne) but we still need some more components and better squad depth (I haven't included James in the above as he's unreliable injury wise).

The big test next season is building a side that actually offers a threat going forward other than set plays. I mean WHU and Brighton have lesser players but still knock it about and offer something.

Thats my biggest worry we look incapable of actually playing decent attacking football outside of set pieces.
players who can run with the ball are required

it sounds so simple but look how much Lingard - an average player - has boosted West Ham's attack, purely because he gets on the ball and drives forward with it

it sounds so simple but look how much Lingard - an average player - has boosted West Ham's attack, purely because he gets on the ball and drives forward with it
Definitely hoping for a couple of ball carriers this summer. Right back is an obvious one. Someone who could beat a player in the final third would be great.

I've said this for ages we are the only team who doesnt have midfielders who like driving with the ball.

Gomes, Siggurdsson and Davies want to pass the ball like a hot potato.

Replace them 3x with confident midfielders with pace who can move up the pitch with the ball and you'll see a massive change. Add in a RW & RB who actually offer a threat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back