Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least half (actually I think more) of those players have just left when their contracts expired, often after either being in our squad offering nothing or being on loan somewhere else with us paying their wages.

I'm not sure a player's contract running down can be counted as 'he's got rid of them'.

Also loaning out Bolasie for the past 3 years doesn’t count as getting rid of him either.

At least half (actually I think more) of those players have just left when their contracts expired, often after either being in our squad offering nothing or being on loan somewhere else with us paying their wages.

I'm not sure a player's contract running down can be counted as 'he's got rid of them'.

I don't have a clue personally, but doesn't this suggest that it might actually be quite difficult to get rid of players as abysmal and expensive as Bolasie on permanent deals?

Are there examples from other clubs we can use to show that actually it is reasonable to expect that we should have got a player as finished as Bolasie completely off the books on 80k a week? If this is standard fare for a DoF, then fair enough, but I've always been of the impression that our business had been so spectacularly bad before Brands showed up that it might actually not be easy to convince clubs to take on 80k a week for Yannick Bolasie or Cenk Tosun (something I believe we nearly did, before we got injured?).

He’s not a wizard.
No one could have moved them on.

I don't have a clue personally, but doesn't this suggest that it might actually be quite difficult to get rid of players as abysmal and expensive as Bolasie on permanent deals?

Are there examples from other clubs we can use to show that actually it is reasonable to expect that we should have got a player as finished as Bolasie completely off the books on 80k a week? If this is standard fare for a DoF, then fair enough, but I've always been of the impression that our business had been so spectacularly bad before Brands showed up that it might actually not be easy to convince clubs to take on 80k a week for Yannick Bolasie or Cenk Tosun (something I believe we nearly did, before we got injured?).
Exactly this.

In addition to our calamitous transfer dealings, we have had terrible luck with injuries. Tosun, Bolasie, Gbamin, Delph, Gomes, and less serious but still problematic with Coleman, James, Allan and now Doucoure.

I would quite liked him to have brought Davies on as soon as KDB came on and just man to man mark him and hassle him a bit to stop him getting in the groove straightaway. For Gomes specifically who played better than I thought he would but was tiring. Just to try something rather than let DeBruyne lift them uncountered having done so well to keep them at arm’s length. Also I might have tried Nkounkou in some way to push Digne up the pitch and ping in a few crosses. Just to try something different for 10-15 minutes since Plan A had actually worked and kept us in the game. Iwobi brings so little using him does not really have much impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back