Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point we all understand is that these players are a barrier to progress. They draw a salary and offer nothing. They have prevented Brands and the club from moving on. FFP has been an issue for us, although in the current climate, it seems to have gone away. lt has definitely limited what Moshiri could do though.

Until Davies Siggurdson Gomes Coleman are gone we won’t achieve anything as a club. They aren’t premier league quality. Keane is a problem because he’s so slow as well.

It's crucial that we finish the season, as strong as possible. We need to get something from the season, and claim a european spot. The top 4 is still there for us as well, despite the points we have thrown away.

Overall I think Carlo is doing alright, considering what he has to work with. In another two or three transfer windows, we should be in a very strong position. He is very much the right man for the job in my opinion.

Until Davies Siggurdson Gomes Coleman are gone we won’t achieve anything as a club. They aren’t premier league quality. Keane is a problem because he’s so slow as well.
They will still be playing next season, same as they did last season.
We won’t be replacing all of them.
We bought three midfielders and still Gomes, and Gylfi are regulars.
No doubt we will buy a couple of midfielders and again they will get injured and we will still have this lot.

They will still be playing next season, same as they did last season.
We won’t be replacing all of them.
We bought three midfielders and still Gomes, and Gylfi are regulars.
No doubt we will buy a couple of midfielders and again they will get injured and we will still have this lot.
Yep, that’s what happens for us.

To be honest I’m not against some of them as squad players, but we do need others. Not having Delph or Gbamin has put undue reliance on the others and they end up playing in roles they’re not suited to.

Similarly, Bernard and Iwobi are just not good enough.

Doucs and Allan have no energy and are 1 paced?

Interesting POV.

Nope, not my point.

One of them is crocked atm, other one has been for half of the season.

So those two signings (the £40m spent) have come in, and yet the rest of the midfield is very slow and one-paced.

Gomes, Davies, Gylfi, James (to an extent - think he's a forward myself like), and Delph all very sluggish in terms of actual power and athleticism. All have their own qualities, mind, but you contrast our midfield to say, Leicester's, or even Villa's. It can be a bit scary.

Need more players like the ones we spent money on in the summer, that's my point.

The only player like that that we've signed in midfield in the last 3 years has been Gbamin. Obviously it's nobody's fault that he's been uber-crocked. Hopefully we get to see what he can offer before the end of the season.

Nope, not my point.

One of them is crocked atm, other one has been for half of the season.

So those two signings (the £40m spent) have come in, and yet the rest of the midfield is very slow and one-paced.

Gomes, Davies, Gylfi, James (to an extent - think he's a forward myself like), and Delph all very sluggish in terms of actual power and athleticism. All have their own qualities, mind, but you contrast our midfield to say, Leicester's, or even Villa's. It can be a bit scary.

Need more players like the ones we spent money on in the summer, that's my point.

The only player like that that we've signed in midfield in the last 3 years has been Gbamin. Obviously it's nobody's fault that he's been uber-crocked. Hopefully we get to see what he can offer before the end of the season.

So in the last couple of summer windows we've signed and invested in 3 mobile midfielders, plus Delph and have then been incredibly unlucky with their injuries.

So in the last couple of summer windows we've signed and invested in 3 mobile midfielders, plus Delph and have then been incredibly unlucky with their injuries.

Yep, JPG is just awful, awful luck. Even then, Gomes could get about the pitch better than he does now before he got done.

Could he? I don’t think he could. Why would that injury have finished him off? Allan was nearly out for as long as him this season. Doucoure will have been out for longer by the time he comes back.

Either way, I don't think it's helped our midfield issues over the period we're judging the DoF on, personally.

Could he? I don’t think he could. Why would that injury have finished him off? Allan was nearly out for as long as him this season. Doucoure will have been out for longer by the time he comes back.

Not saying he was rapid beforehand, he's defo noticeably slower though, especially on the ball as skipping past and carrying the ball was one of his best attributes before his injury.

We've also spent massive money and wages on players that aren't, or in Bernard's case aren't physically going to cut it in this league, and Iwobi who offers... what?

Our recruitment has been atrocious, let's stop excusing it. It's either that, or Ancelotti is crap for going into yesterday's game like we were a league two team?

We can't use injuries as an excuse. All that does is expose the poor recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back