Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying he was rapid beforehand, he's defo noticeably slower though, especially on the ball as skipping past and carrying the ball was one of his best attributes before his injury.

I just don’t see physically how a broken ankle can slow you down as a footballer. It’s not a fast twitch muscle like a hamstring that you feel every time you stretch your legs and make a burst forward. That’s the sort of injury that slows you down, not an ankle injury that you recovered fully from in 10 weeks. I personally haven’t noticed any deterioration in Gomes’ speed or agility since his injury.

Adding 2 or 3 quality players into the mix would completely transform this squad. Some people love to wallow in misery.
We have a squad full of injured players and players coming back from injury all season.

Sure all teams get injuries, but cant be many teams that spent 25m on a midfielder only for him to miss 2 whole seasons of football.

You and others like you are.

Some people can see we have good players with some holes.

The squad isn't awful.

I'm not actually, btw.

I think we're weak in certain areas but the actual general consensus I've seen from Blues on here and social media etc over yesterday when we'd completed 17 passes after 25 minutes in a game is that we can't compete because the squad is poor.

That point is backed up by the fact we have genuine children on the bench and always have two GKs, too.

It's either the squad is poor, or that in our 2 QFs this season we've done what Sam Lockhurst said and played with no actual threat or attempt to win the games....

We can't pick and choose which it is?

I don't particularly have a massive issue with how we set up yesterday because I think we did a good job of nullifying City. Unfortunately, we offer zero going forward and that is probably down to having such a derth of attacking options.

Well, we can take injuries into account, but every team has injuries, and bar James we had all of our key attacking players fit yesterday. So... is it tactical? Should Carlo be able to get more out of what he has, from an attacking perspective? Or, are the players crap?

I'm not actually, btw.

I think we're weak in certain areas but the actual general consensus I've seen from Blues on here and social media etc over yesterday when we'd completed 17 passes after 25 minutes in a game is that we can't compete because the squad is poor.

That point is backed up by the fact we have genuine children on the bench and always have two GKs, too.

It's either the squad is poor, or that in our 2 QFs this season we've done what Sam Lockhurst said and played with no actual threat or attempt to win the games....

We can't pick and choose which it is?
We played 2 Strikers up top yesterday, but sure, we didn't attempt to win the game.

We played 2 Strikers up top yesterday, but sure, we didn't attempt to win the game.

I've re-edited my post.

here's the tweet I was referring to

I didn't say it was my opinion. FWIW, I don't agree with him, because he's ignored or not aware of what has come before this. But, we can't just keep casting aside these concerns. In both QFs this season, the games have been won because teams could actually bring a player or two off their bench. I'm not expecting us to have KDB in reserve, but it'd be nice if our squad wasn't so threadbare. Only attacking players out yesterday through injury were James and Bernard...

I constantly see 'the players aren't good enough' when people say Carlo can't be questioned.

That's fine - but then that's on recruitment, isn't it?

Or, are the players good enough, so surely then Carlo should be able to get more out of them?

I've re-edited my post.

I didn't say it was my opinion. But, we can't just keep casting aside these concerns.

I constantly see 'the players aren't good enough' when people say Carlo can't be questioned.

Or, are the players good enough, so surely then Carlo should be able to get more out of them?

What an odd, odd tweet that is. If we’d gone out there and threw bodies forward and been beaten 7-0 would he say “at least we tried to win”?

I've re-edited my post.

I didn't say it was my opinion. FWIW, I don't agree with him, because he's ignored or not aware of what has come before this. But, we can't just keep casting aside these concerns. In both QFs this season, the games have been won because teams could actually bring a player or two off their bench. I'm not expecting us to have KDB in reserve, but it'd be nice if our squad wasn't so threadbare. Only attacking players out yesterday through injury were James and Bernard...

Personally think that's a pretty terrible shout. We weren't good enough in either match but had several injuries in both as well. Not to mention the fact the United game turned when Richarlison got clattered through their snide.

The players just lacked that belief to go and win the games in the second half. We couldn't find the quality needed to make the most of our chances on the break. Of course we tried to win, but no we were not good enough and its our own fault.

Its just a typical pat on the head, patronising tweet. I assume the guy is a United fan lol

I've re-edited my post.

I didn't say it was my opinion. But, we can't just keep casting aside these concerns.

Injuries have destroyed our season.

We were beaten by 2 very good teams in superb form in both cup competitions.

2 teams who have spent the last 15 years building their squads, meanwhile we have thrown money at very poor players and are playing catch up, while hopping on 1 leg.

Mistakes have been made.

But we have some very good players, hopefully in the summer we can add a little more quality and add a bit of consistency to our results.

We arent a million miles away, we are still competing for 4th, of course our chances are very slim currently, due to some quite horrific results.

But now is not the time to turn on the best manager this club has had in its entire history.

Despite what some journo has to say.

I’ve criticised our style of play plenty this season, but you are absolutely away with the fairies if you think the manager got the tactical set up wrong for that game last night. You are beyond saving and just moaning for the sake of moaning at this point.

I’ve criticised our style of play plenty this season, but you are absolutely away with the fairies if you think the manager got the tactical set up wrong for that game last night. You are beyond saving and just moaning for the sake of moaning at this point.

The gameplan was spot on. Our execution with the ball was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back