Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti should be judged on his time here, not his previous achievements as it has no bearing on what is happening currently.

He’s achieving around the same as Martinez, Silva, Koeman and Allardyce which to say isn’t very much.

We’re down to 8th now, which seems to be our ceiling.

Seems a bit pointless paying him mega money for what we’re actually getting back for it.

The football is as bad as anything we’ve seen over the past 5 years, too.

I'm not actually, btw.

I think we're weak in certain areas but the actual general consensus I've seen from Blues on here and social media etc over yesterday when we'd completed 17 passes after 25 minutes in a game is that we can't compete because the squad is poor.

That point is backed up by the fact we have genuine children on the bench and always have two GKs, too.

It's either the squad is poor, or that in our 2 QFs this season we've done what Sam Lockhurst said and played with no actual threat or attempt to win the games....

We can't pick and choose which it is?

I don't particularly have a massive issue with how we set up yesterday because I think we did a good job of nullifying City. Unfortunately, we offer zero going forward and that is probably down to having such a derth of attacking options.

Well, we can take injuries into account, but every team has injuries, and bar James we had all of our key attacking players fit yesterday. So... is it tactical? Should Carlo be able to get more out of what he has, from an attacking perspective? Or, are the players crap?
Thing is I can see both sides of this I agree with most of your points about the squad its imbalanced and even given Doucoure and James's injuries our midfield lacks pace, physicality and creativity. We have also made mistakes. We are too reliant on one or two players. But on the other hand because of FFP the fact we don't have a limitless budget and our previous litany of mistakes until now Brands has been clearing the massive amounts of dead wood of previous regimes, it has taken time. Now he has to bring in key players for our right hand side and more in midfield and move out others if he doesn't I will be complaining too.

Atrocious is over the top, in the extreme. And the idea that it is either that or Ancelotti is crap is just lazy thinking. As is the idea that exceptionally bad injury luck should be ignored. It is not an excuse, but it is a mitigating factor. And a significant one, if the injuries have been particularly bad.

Our recruitment in the summer just gone was good and although we've got several signings wrong in the two precious summers, I think some have also aged well, such as Mina.

Our squad is absolutely not awful. It is a good summer window away from being quite strong. I don't think it necessarily needs as many additions as people think. Just like Leicester didn't need much more to go from 9th to 1 point outside the top 4 last season.
With a right hand side we would be a far more effective team.
Add an effective CM and we are a completely different prospect.

Ancelotti should be judged on his time here, not his previous achievements as it has no bearing on what is happening currently.

He’s achieving around the same as Martinez, Silva, Koeman and Allardyce which to say isn’t very much.

Seems a bit pointless paying him mega money for what we’re actually getting back for it.

Agree, judge him on what he does for Everton.

carlo.webp

Agree, judge him on what he does for Everton.

View attachment 121877
Trophies won: 0
League place finishes: 12th

We’ll finish 8th or 9th this year and it’ll be spun as some miraculous season.

He’s brought in older players to make an instant impact and we’re back to where it was when Fat Sam and Silva were here.

He’s a manager that’s on the decline. It’s there for all to see.

I don’t want him gone at all but what’s the point of bringing him to give him a measly £60 Million over 3 windows?

He will win trophies if you back him instead we are expecting him to coach the living daylights out of a bunch of crabs which he’s never done?

What’s the club actual plan?

Grim this.

Trophies won: 0
League place finishes: 12th

We’ll finish 8th or 9th this year and it’ll be spun as some miraculous season.

He’s brought in older players to make an instant impact and we’re back to where it was when Fat Sam and Silva were here.

He’s a manager that’s on the decline. It’s there for all to see.
Took Kendall 3 years to win his first trophy here.

Took Kendall 3 years to win his first trophy here.
Howard Kendall was 35 when he took over, Ancelotti is 62 in a few months!

We’ve banked on getting instant success with a manager on the slide and buying older players completely against the club’s transfer strategy.

It has all backfired spectacularly, once again.

Who even looks forward to watching us anymore? We are clinging on for dear life in near enough every single game. Haven’t seen us take it to a team since the start of the season.

Look at what Brendan Rodgers is doing with Leicester and then people say others shouldn’t be moaning about what we’ve got.

Most other managers would be getting dog’s abuse for what’s on show right now. Especially with that Goodison home record.

Howard Kendall was 35 when he took over, Ancelotti is 62 in a few months!

We’ve banked on getting instant success with a manager on the slide and buying older players completely against the club’s transfer strategy.

It has all backfired spectacularly, once again.

Who even looks forward to watching us anymore? We are clinging on for dear life in near enough every single game. Haven’t seen us take it to a team since the start of the season.

Look at what Brendan Rodgers is doing with Leicester and then people say others shouldn’t be moaning about what we’ve got.

Most other managers would be getting dog’s abuse for what’s on show right now. Especially with that Goodison home record.
But Carlo is getting dogs abuse.

Its all over here and other social media.

Expecting Carlo to turn round the whole club in 18months is a bit of a stretch.

In case you didn't know, we are and have been a nothing club since 1987.

we are not a creative side, we are paying the price for having our most creative player only being fit for 50% of the league matches this season

i will give him this summer to sort that out and sign some creative players

with some creativity in this team there is no reason why we can't do better than leicester

you were going so so well..

But Carlo is getting dogs abuse.

Its all over here and other social media.

Expecting Carlo to turn round the whole club in 18months is a bit of a stretch.

In case you didn't know, we are and have been a nothing club since 1987.
Brendan Rodgers completely turned Leicester around in less time.

He doesn’t even look like moving us past 8th.

Atrocious is over the top, in the extreme. And the idea that it is either that or Ancelotti is crap is just lazy thinking. As is the idea that exceptionally bad injury luck should be ignored. It is not an excuse, but it is a mitigating factor. And a significant one, if the injuries have been particularly bad.

Our recruitment in the summer just gone was good and although we've got several signings wrong in the two precious summers, I think some have also aged well, such as Mina.

Our squad is absolutely not awful. It is a good summer window away from being quite strong. I don't think it necessarily needs as many additions as people think. Just like Leicester didn't need much more to go from 9th to 1 point outside the top 4 last season.
It probably is over the top. And no, I do not think Carlo is crap.

I am however fed up of having big games or moments pass us by and people just come out with the same old lines. It's getting boring.

Maybe we are a good summer window away from being quite strong. But does that excuse the way we play going forward?

We genuinely played for penalties yesterday. While I think we did well defensively, we need to start offering more. That can't just be reliant on getting better players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back