Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, we average as many shots per game this season as we did under BFS (9).

I don't think the football is actually as bad, and the squad certainly isn't, but, we are pretty crap at the whole attacking thing.

It seems we're going to be reliant on James keeping fit for 10 games in a row, which I don't think he's done in 5 years now, for the rest of the season, to start seeing actual good attacking play. It's that, or we grind it out and try and snatch a goal.

Keep in mind, we've only come back to win a game once this season in the league (West Brom) and IIRC only come from behind to get a point on 2 occasions (v Liverpool (H) and United (A)). First goal counts double in our games.

It probably is over the top. And no, I do not think Carlo is crap.

I am however fed up of having big games or moments pass us by and people just come out with the same old lines. It's getting boring.

Maybe we are a good summer window away from being quite strong. But does that excuse the way we play going forward?

We genuinely played for penalties yesterday. While I think we did well defensively, we need to start offering more. That can't just be reliant on getting better players in.
I know what you are saying, but Its a circular argument. Without the personnel, we can’t be more expansive.

We were missing James and Doucoure Yesterday. Tha5 is our mainstay midfield and creativity.

FWIW, we average as many shots per game this season as we did under BFS (9).

I don't think the football is actually as bad, and the squad certainly isn't, but, we are pretty crap at the whole attacking thing.

It seems we're going to be reliant on James keeping fit for 10 games in a row, which I don't think he's done in 5 years now, for the rest of the season, to start seeing actual good attacking play. It's that, or we grind it out and try and snatch a goal.

Keep in mind, we've only come back to win a game once this season in the league (West Brom) and IIRC only come from behind to get a point on 2 occasions (v Liverpool (H) and United (A)). First goal counts double in our games.

Mad that this nonsense is still going on. I thought we’d got past that now. Can’t believe that West Brom game is the only time we’ve come from behind to win.

3 points off a European spot, with a game in hand and we haven’t play a fit, healthy and settled line up in 5 months. People be going on like we’re in the relegation dog fight

Oh we're doing exceptionally well in the circumstances all things considered.

This isn't a dig at Carlo.

I just saw a lot of - and I agree with it mainly - shouts yesterday that we can't compete because of the state of the squad, and let's face it, it was the case.

My frustration comes with how slow the process has been at building what is still a very average squad. We have a few good players that manage to drag us through games. On top of that, we don't really have an identity so there's not really that platform to build from.

We've got 10 games to start at least seeing something. It's not vital, as long as we get points, but, we'll be more likely to get points if we start seeing some semblance of an idea of what kind of team we are going forward.

We've got two forwards both capable of scoring 20 goals this season each. We've got to start getting better quality service into them.

Mad that this nonsense is still going on. I thought we’d got past that now. Can’t believe that West Brom game is the only time we’ve come from behind to win.

It is mad. I was baffled by it myself but it's true.

that's in the league, obviously. We did do it against Rotherham and Spurs in the cup.

Shows a weak mentality that in my opinion

But people have been pedalling this 'mentality' thing for 4/5 years now.

That's over 3 different iterations of the squad, and 5 managers.

Can a 'mentality' be that bad over all these different players, some of them CL winners, title winners etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back