2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were left light in the middle and 3 centre halves weren't necessary.

Shame we went into our shell one again after having so many opportunities.

He'll get criticism and rightly so as it's his job to turn the really poor home form around.
Considering how lightweight we were in midfield ( no Allan & Doucoure ) Carlo had his tactics pretty much spot on.
If our 2 forwards hadnt squandered all them chances this wouldnt even be a discussion.
Blame squarely lies with the strikers tonight....could have been 3 or 4 up & out of sight at half time.

No we dont, we just have some peeps saying that what carlo is serving up is no better than what clown dyche would serve up. In fact, with a hugely inferior budget and squad, did said dyche not completely school us at home the other week?. I wouldnt want dyche anywhere near our club, but with carlo, it's like watching a dyche team and we shouldn't be happy with that.
everton got beat and here is prime slimeball @miami wanting the universe to burn because he did not get his feel good chemicals. u pooped ur panties buddy??

The man has got us still in the mix for Europe with 9 games of the season left, literally one win in it and the usual suspects want him gone. You can’t make this up
We would be champions league bound had he AND the players stepped up. They didn't. Our home form against rubbish teams has cost us. Does carlo not take any of the blame there?

Unfortunately yes. Ben had a bit of a shocker for some reason. Right back seems his weakest position.
The reason is clear to me, but I'm not starting in this thread.

The Carlo related point here is that he's been duped by that run of good fortune and now thinks we are impenetrable with those 4 CBs on the field and we never really were.

Im on the fence with Carlo but lets be honest when Alladyce finished 8th with a worse squad he was hammered by the fanbase for the performances on show.

Think when fans are back in the ground next season he'll be under pressure for the first time at Everton as Goodison wont accept cowardly performances and constant defensive subs / holding onto 1 goal leads.

You get the feeling next season is a bit make or break for both Carlo and Brands if he gets a new deal.

Docuoure isn’t fit. Moyes has Rice to sit deep behind Soucek. Who does Carlo have? League one standard Tom Davies playing through balls for the opposition.
Bowen is a good player, better than any wide option we have.

Soucek is good because he’s fast, strong, 6 foot 3. Contrast that with Davies who is short, slow, weak, and a coward. Doesn’t matter what instruction Carlo gives a player like Siggurdson or Davies, they can’t carry it out, they don’t have the physical attributes to do so.
We need more Doucouré and Allan.

How much Soucek is going to cost now?

you cant be, the football is putrid if it was at least winning football it would be bearable, but its putrid, negative rubbish, you obviously cant be paying any money to go to games if you are happy with it
Beautiful new stadium overlooking the water on the way, Carlo Ancelotti in the dug out, signing players like Allan, Digne and James Rodriguez? It’s everything I’ve ever wanted and a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace doesn’t change that.

Do you see the foundation being laid though?

Away from home yes - at home we need to be a lot better at being on the front foot and taking the game to teams.

we’ve changed shape and style probably a few times this season which isn’t easy. Carlo knows what it takes to be the best so I trust him and think he needs a bit of time as he’s trying to turn around 25-30 years of decay.

Last edited:
Im on the fence with Carlo but lets be honest when Alladyce finished 8th with a worse squad he was hammered by the fanbase for the performances on show.

Think when fans are back in the ground next season he'll be under pressure for the first time at Everton as Goodison wont accept cowardly performances and constant defensive subs / holding onto 1 goal leads.
Carlo's only defense for most of this season has been results. If they go I don't know where that leaves us.

Now that said we had a better performance today so if we're going to play like this again we suddenly have something else to point at.

We're in a weird spot.

Bowen is a good player, better than any wide option we have.

Soucek is good because he’s fast, strong, 6 foot 3. Contrast that with Davies who is short, slow, weak, and a coward. Doesn’t matter what instruction Carlo gives a player like Siggurdson or Davies, they can’t carry it out, they don’t have the physical attributes to do so.
I’m not sure we will go after a number 6. With Gbamin coming back and hopefully the lad will stay fit and be ready to go next season. And obviously Allan can also play there, though I prefer him higher up the pitch.

But I thought Bissouma was brilliant last night in the that. Never gives the ball away, ok he’s not playing 40yard killer balls, but he’s crisp With his passing always straight to him teammate. He’s also strong, aggressive, quick and knows his role. Everything Tom Davies isn’t

you cant be, the football is putrid if it was at least winning football it would be bearable, but its putrid, negative rubbish, you obviously cant be paying any money to go to games if you are happy with it

Mate, I don't know how to break it to you but back in late 2019 there was an outbreak of a form of a SARS Coronavirus in Wuhan, China......

Away from home yes - at home we need to be a lot better at being on the front foot and taking the game to teams.

we’ve changed shape and style probably a few times this season which isn’t easy. Carlo knows what it takes to be the best so I trust him and think he needs a bit of times as he’s trying to turn around 25-30 years of decay.
I'd say take out home and away because with no fans it is essentially just matches being played in a different place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back