2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see what he could have done to change that last 15 minutes there other than maybe getting King on and having him run the channels. I think the problem was we sat back and went long but had no outlet upfront to try and keep it up there, every time we went long it instantaneously resulted with Palace running back at us. Players were on their last legs due to tiredness was evident.
That last 10 minutes every time someone had the ball it was totally static ahead of them. Nobody moving into space or showing. Palace were sitting pretty deep but had plenty of fresh legs and movement to show when they got on the ball.

Carlo cannot achieve what is out of the question, i.e. taking a crap squad into the top 4. He will fail. Be satisfied for the best he can achieve with an improvement from new players maybe next season. The damage done over several years has been deep and can't be fixed with a magic wand.

Taking off Seamus really hurt us and gave the initiative back to Palace. The Gbamin sub i think he had to make because James seemed to be out on his feet.

When we put Godfrey on as the extra right back he clearly didn't understand his role and Zaha made him look very ordinary.

There was no need to surrender the initiative and go so defensive. I think it was down to a combination of a bad sub and poor play from our forwards who didn't win one long ball.

Carlo is conservative and thats fine, it has worked already a lot of times. But when a defensive sub backfires then its very hard to go back on the front foot for a winner. Godfreys attempt at a header back across goal was more like a clearance.

It was an extremely frustrating match and the root cause of the draw was woeful finishing from Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison. The decision to sub Coleman also had a very bad effect though.

Hey Tirion, I'm worried about you. You seem angry and frustrated. I get it, a bad result sucks and sometimes the Footie isn't as dreamy as we'd like. But let's try and be a bit more positive.

Positive psychology is a thing, it helps one to focus on the good rather than the bad. So what do you like about the club and Everton at the moment? What are your reasons for gratitude and hope?

Mine are the stadium and the fine fun filled community on GOT.
thanks for the offer of help, are you qualified in any way shape or form?

Carlo cannot achieve what is out of the question, i.e. taking a crap squad into the top 4. He will fail. Be satisfied for the best he can achieve with an improvement from new players maybe next season. The damage done over several years has been deep and can't be fixed with a magic wand.
Doucouré and Allan are out. James just came back and scored. Olsen a loan and Godfrey was a sub today. The rest are players left over by the 5 previous regimes. We need to be patient no one has better authority and records than Carlo to take us forward.

It's just a weird season is all I'm saying. So I personally wouldn't say we've figured out how to do away games because next year is going to be different on that front. I think it is better to just say what are we doing well overall and not try to split it that way.

Mostly agree.

I just think with the contrast in results we’re missing out while other teams are taking advantage. Hopefully we can sort it over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back