Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
1618312380379.webp

What manager do people think will make our existing players better?

We've tried Martinez and his delusional positivity, koeman and his massive box head, unsworth and his "dogs of war", Silva and his dour "no plan b", allardyce and his gravy loving anti-football and now one of the most decorated managers in football.

The players are the problem. The fact that we still have a Martinez player on the books should tell you all you need to know.

Carlo does not have us playing tika taka football because the fans would kick off at us getting destroyed every week, like we were under Silva. Once we get better players in, he will adapt the style of football, or even if he doesn't, we'll have the quality to get the goals and see out games.

I think the point was more that he achieved something tangible straight away on the road to building his side, whereas people are making out that he basically had 3 seasons of nothingness before a top team just popped up out of nowhere.
He got them were they normally belong. In his first season Carlo doing the same right now no? Maybe a bit better considering our general finishes over the last few years.

Yeah I dont like stubborn managers who'll blindly stick to a system even if it doesnt work - but Carlo had a winning style earlier in the season and literally thrown it out the window when Saints beat us 2-0 when Richarlison was suspended for those 3 games. For me since then we never returned to that style of play which is bonkers - just put Gordon or Nkounkou in Richarlisons position for those 3 games rather than changing it up and going with mad formations like 343 at home to Leeds Utd or playing Gomes out wide away at Newcastle.

We can talk about injuries but make no mistake Carlo has played a big part in undoing all the good work he did at the start of the season with these odd decisions.

Even the back 4 which hasn't been that badly hit injury wise he played 8-10 consecutive games iirc with a different back 4 - how can the players build/form understandings/partnerships if Godfrey is at RB one week, CB the next, LB the week after etc.
He does seem reluctant to trust the youngsters unless absolutely pushed to. Having said that, Gordon hasn't truly pulled up trees. Would love to know why nkounko isn't given a whirl.

There would probably be less messing with the defence if the club reversed its seeming policy of one credible senior full back (for each side) in the squad it has held for the last 15 years. Don't get me started on the midfield!

It’s a shame our season feels like it’s petering out after so much promise at the start of the season.

I think we’ve done well to cling on for this long to 'still be in with a shout' of top 4, but that’s gone now.

Looking at the wider context, we have improved on the last few years of dross... at least this season we’ve won while being dross at times.

Looking back at our results, we haven’t drawn enough games - 14 wins from 30 games is pretty decent for where we are - but Fulham, Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham at home... get draws out of them at the table looks very different.

The state of our squad despite the injuries just really shows how much money we’ve wasted over the last few transfer windows, another window or 2 is needed to really get this sorted.

When was the last time our season didn't 'peter out'?

At least half of our wins have come from games we played crap in too. A handful of games aside we've been so bad, like some of the worst football i've endured.

I think we're a million miles away from progress.

We should be looking at the likes of Nagelsmann, Ten Hag, De Zerbi, Seoane, Hutter and Stephan. Young progressive coaches who trust young players and develop them.

Is this Ten Hag, Hütter who are just 10 years younger than Ancelotti snd in their 50s.

Hope for me yet then!

Also, Marco Silva ticked the boxed for young and progressive.

Didn’t work out too great, did it?

What manager do people think will make our existing players better?

We've tried Martinez and his delusional positivity, koeman and his massive box head, unsworth and his "dogs of war", Silva and his dour "no plan b", allardyce and his gravy loving anti-football and now one of the most decorated managers in football.

The players are the problem. The fact that we still have a Martinez player on the books should tell you all you need to know.

Carlo does not have us playing tika taka football because the fans would kick off at us getting destroyed every week, like we were under Silva. Once we get better players in, he will adapt the style of football, or even if he doesn't, we'll have the quality to get the goals and see out games.

lol

Total flavour of the month manager. These loons would be calling for his head after 3 months, then it would be ‘well Dean Smith is doing a fantastic job at villa, let’s get him’. That is if we haven’t already got Simeone in by then of course.

And round and round we go.
Agree sacking another manager will achieve very little we don't need short term fix we need long term rebuild. I'll tell you something we need to sort this squad out and the youth system. Brands better step up or he should go.

Good to see the anti-carlo reactionary peoples republican army are back out in force because we only managed to draw an away match, whilst facing an absolutley ridiculous injury crisis. Get a grip FFS.

Give the man (and Brands) time to work together to sort the absolute mess of our club out between them, including the whole academy structure and management, otherwise what's the point in hiring Carlo in the first place?!

We were all celebrating that we got him ahead or arteta or some of the other jarg shouts who were linked to the job - it was an absolute coup for Everton at the time and still is.

We've had shocking luck with injuries (when don't we?) but when the manager can pick his players in his favoured system, the team invariably do better - how can some not see the improvement?

Sod it, let's go all out for Dour Davey/ Bielsa (insert current flavour of the month) and sack carlo, and bring yet more instability to the club/squad - that's all we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back