Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never understood why he can never be criticised. When we win it's "Carlo Fantastico...!" when we lose it's not down to him, he along with the players out there today take the blame. Now I know we're missing our best players and that's a major factor (I thought we were a tad negative) but it shouldn't mean that people are not allowed to have a pop.

Best manager we've had in my lifetime but he had a mare and it's fine to say that; we move on.

I would really like all those things too but who were the players going to do it?

I look at that bench today and my word is it average.

We were missing both our full backs and both our wide players. Players got opportunities as a result but were absolutely awful and didn't take them. They have to have a look at themselves in the mirror and decide if they are good enough to play for Everton.

Even with this lineup, Doucoure and Sigurdsson should both have been a lot closer to DCL and we should have gone more direct.

It was a poor choice of lineup, shape and tactics.

Carlo isn't infallible and criticising what he does isn't knee jerk. It is really unhealthy to think Carlo can do no wrong and put it all on the players.

Of course, the players were also poor.

Best manager we've had in my lifetime but he had a mare and it's fine to say that; we move on.
Indeed. Nobody should be above criticism. THe reason I was disappointed not to see Gordon in the team today was that he has pace, unlike the three subs who came on. That doesn't mean that I think I know more than Ancelotti or that I want him sacked. There should always be room for constructive criticism.

Its because the reasons for having a pop are irrational.

The alternatives were to play Gordon Iwobi or Bernard. The chances of the doing anything different were minimal because they don't perform on a regular basis.

The tactics were working but we got undone by a soft pen and silly decision by Gomes and then an horrific individual error by Mina. Players don't take responsibility on the field so they deserve the blame entirely.

The tactics for me weren't working. We were offering zero threat against a team happy to sit back and counter. That was their plan. It was clear. We had no pace our wide to cover that. Dcl who looked so good in the box in previous games had to work everywhere but where he had done damage. Zero crosses or attempt to get down line. Doucoure was playing in Kenny's position and kenny cannot play as an attacking defender. Gomes was woeful and couldnt pass 5 years but shouldn't have been put in that position. Neither siggy. It just looked a shambles from the off.

Even with this lineup, Doucoure and Sigurdsson should both have been a lot closer to DCL and we should have gone more direct.

It was a poor choice of lineup, shape and tactics.

Carlo isn't infallible and criticising what he does isn't knee jerk. It is really unhealthy to think Carlo can do no wrong and put it all on the players.

Of course, the players were also poor.

None of the alternative players would have made one bit of difference because they all aren't good enough.

The squad is weak and Brands messed up not replacing Kean.

He messed up with his selection today but anyone screaming the house down about it can suck a fart out of his glorious Italian arse. He's easily Everton's greatest signing for 40 years and he's already talking about wanting to be here for a long time.

Shut up with the whinging and just look forward to next week.

Very disappointed with his interview after the match...acted like its all fine, nothing happened here. We lost and more importantly failed to compete against Newcastle and Southampton...he has been talking about winning mentality during pre season and last season. Yet you listening to him speak now and its fine to get beat by 2 teams like Newcastle and Southampton.

Just watched Carlo talking about the game. Seems like he knew we’d be struggling going forward so plan was to try to keep game at nil nil and take a draw or pinch a winner at the end.

Seems a little conservative against a poor Newcastle team and doesn’t say much of what he thinks of our attacking options.

Carlo’s not above criticism, particularly when the game pans out as predictably as it did.

I worry that either him or Davide have slacked on the tactics the last 2 weeks

Southampton play a high line and get cut through like butter with pace so he played Siggurdsson and Iwobi who are slugs

Newcastle sit back and try win 1-0 every week through dodgy ref decisions or goals from set pieces so he plays no attacking players bar DCL and played right into there hands.

1 poor game is acceptable but 2 is poor - they need to just go back to basics when our main players are out - 442 and play direct and aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back