Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is serving up absolute crap so why should he keep the job? If it were Koe/Sil/Sam they would be slautered, oh wait his name is Carlo so we must not sack him
When he came in we were in a mess, the 4 managers before him (not including Dunc) were to blame, most of the squad still remains from those 4, Carlo / Brands did sort so,e of that last summer but same is needed again for Carlo to really make his Mark on the team. He had to play Gomes,Sigs and Iwobi tonight did you really expect to win.

No I wouldn’t sack him simply because I’m sick of sacking people and starting again. As I thought my post made pretty clear, that won’t stay the case forever.
But please convince me: Why would a gaffer who has had world class players handed to him like an open chequebook be suited to succeed at EVERTON? it's like millwall singing messi and saying we're gonna get out the championship.

Gotta ask yourself if these gutless players can’t consistently put in the level of required performance expected under Ancelotti then what chance do we have with any other manager with lesser calibre or pedigree? They literally had a midfield mixture of pace and attacking threat today Villa, we had a midfield of slow passive crabs and Alex Iwobi who isn’t even a footballer.

With the same group of players, the highest they've finished is 8th.

Carlo brought in 4 players...3 of them injured or in or out the team.

So guess what...we'll finish 8th cos that's the level of the squad.

Problem every manager post Moyes has been a soft touch or a payday manager

Martinez - soft
Koeman - payday
Alladyce - payday
Silva - soft

Not one had that drive Moyes had where if you didnt run you didnt play. We dont realise just what a good job he did at this club.

I agree, I think it helped that he had a good eye for a bargain, a player he knew was a hard worker with a point to prove and desire to do well.

All I see in these players are duds, who can’t be bothered generally, happy to churn out half arsed performances with little desire to do well in their careers, just here because they get to play at a decent-ish level and earn big money, that’s all.

Problem every manager post Moyes has been a soft touch or a payday manager

Martinez - soft
Koeman - payday
Alladyce - payday
Silva - soft

Not one had that drive Moyes had where if you didnt run you didnt play. We dont realise just what a good job he did at this club.

The Moyes sides were usually tough to break down and well organised at least.

Villa could have had a hatful in that first half and had the run of the pitch. It's not a one off either as teams like Fulham and Leeds have rocked up and done the same.

Funnily enough when we've played the likes of City we restricted them to few chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back