Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's too nice - we need a nasty streak manager who has the players running through brick walls.

Had we nabbed Simeone instead of Koeman we would be where Leicester are now im convinced of it.

Fed up of EFC getting every decision they make wrong. The DNA of this club left with Moyes and has never been returned.

Yup. This post is just 100% right, he’s too bloody nice.

For me unless you've got top class players you have to have disciplined and game players and I dont think we have obviously the lack of fans plays its part but as I said weeks ago Carlo cant rely on GP kicking off every home game he needs to start bollocking these players and showing some fire in his loins.

He's the most placid Italian I've ever seen and the worry is he seems to really rate the likes of Siggurdsson and Delph which makes you wonder will he even replace these players in the summer?

Isn't Ferguson supposed to be firing the rockets and the motivation and Ancelotti more the tactical nous from his 14 million a year salary? Neither is working at Goodison.

Like many I'm not really enjoying these disjointed displays full of poor passing and basic errors.

There's a LOT of frustration. Much being aimed at Ancelotti. A hell of a lot at players.

The interesting point for me is many getting frustrated with Carlo routinely express views that a significant number of our players ain't up to it.

So... is a different manager going to get too much more out of this bunch?

We ditch the manager again, we really run the risk of ending up with yet another set of players tacked onto the previous guy(s) vision. Proper frankenstein monster, no?

Time to put the pitch forks down and play the long game maybe?
It's this really, it is an awkward one tbh. Most of the players are Brands bought now (i think we are at 16 out of the 25) Another 3-4 in the summer and that's going to be mostly a Carlo team then and i fail to see how folk can talk about other managers players anymore and if they are why then are giving Brands a new contract when there is clearly recruitment issues? My only thing i would say is that he really, really does'nt help himself at times, i mean we know that we are not the quickest so why the players are always 20 yards away from each other it's no wonder we give the ball away so often. I watched Man City the other day and whenever someone had the ball there was 1-2 players within 10ft of them waiting for the pass. Also the absolute comical thing of playing out from the back, we just don't have those sorts of players, it was laughable at times, and his selections and in game subs are just weird at times (something which cost him at Chelsea) We have to keep him for now, changing the manager is just madness but he needs to have a real long hard think about a few things for me. The midfield and what he actually wants to be because it's just too erratic (even with Doucoure in it) James, can be a great player on any given day but this fitness thing is just becoming a nightmare. I think it would be better if we could get a working system without him, then him be the kind of cherry on top so to speak.
Upfront i think we need to decide one or the other for me, Id prefer DCL and for him to learn to adapt his game a bit more, Richarlison i find an odd player he is not really a striker nor a winger just a sort of forward but i see talent but just can't take to him tbh. An interesting summer ahead.

He is serving up absolute crap so why should he keep the job? If it were Koe/Sil/Sam they would be slautered, oh wait his name is Carlo so we must not sack him

Carlo deserves all the criticism that has/is coming his way but it’s mad to suggest we sack him. I’m confident with a good Summer in the transfer market and the type of player he’s able to attract ( imagine James saying “yeah fat gravy stained Sam, who wouldn’t want to play for him” we’ll see the best of what he can do next season, and if he doesn’t do the bizz then he can be rightly called out.

Think that’s the third of fourth time he has come out post game criticising the players attitude.

You’d think it’s something he should be able to fix

I dont think it's possible to fix the attitude. Some of these players who played in sides who got several managers the sack. These are largely the same players who turned in pathetic performances like the fa cup Derby at Anfield, getting pummelled at goodison by Norwich and Sheffield United last year.

Why would we expect them to suddenly show the right attitude and commitment week in week out? Some of these players choose when to turn up. We don't improve until they are replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back