Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to really judge things but carlo does need to up his game tactically. All too often we are second best in these home games, not just result wise but second best in terms of looking like the better team.

Gomes unfortunately looks like hes struggling all the time, can't seem to pick a pass. Richarlison has barely had a good game all season. For me the team is exactly where they deserve to be based on their performances and it could be where we finish at the end. Not sure id fancy the conference cup tbh especially with likely no fans so could be a blessing.

Carlo deserves all the criticism that has/is coming his way but it’s mad to suggest we sack him. I’m confident with a good Summer in the transfer market and the type of player he’s able to attract ( imagine James saying “yeah fat gravy stained Sam, who wouldn’t want to play for him” we’ll see the best of what he can do next season, and if he doesn’t do the bizz then he can be rightly called out.
I just think its madness that your ready to give him another go with 'better players', Carlo's success as a manager has only ever come from clubs where he could buy world class players rather have the task of having to develop the current squad into a better more consistent side. The man has no experience of this kind of task just like pellegrini didn't at west ham.

But if the other managers got them 8th and he can only match it... why did we bother sacking the other managers? Surely the whole point of appointing a better manager is that their coaching and tactical acumen improves the players you have. If that isn’t the case, I’m not entirely sure why we didn’t just keep allardyce.

Cos Silva and Koeman got 8th and that was their max before going into freefall as they did, then they got the boot especially after the money spent. Koeman had Lukaku and Barkley to finish 8th before blowing £300mill on Klassen and Sandro.

And you saying he hasnt improved the players? He's got our best win ratio in the premier league, won away at grounds we haven't won at in decades, and turned Calvert Lewin into a 20 a season striker.

It's called a rebuild. Another 6 players will be leaving in the summer to go with the 10 that left this summer/Jan (including loans).

Fat Sam gonna bring in the likes of James?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back