Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve not said fire him, but we need to put pressure in him to achieve, it feels like he is being allowed to drift and falling in to the same trap as others...

I don't think he is or will. Say if we pulled off bagging Coutinho and Koulibaly in the summer. It would only happen cos of Carlo and shows he's not messing around or drifting.

The man doesn't need pressure to achieve. He's a serial winner, he knows and been there. Doesn't need anyone telling him how to reach it. He knows.

We back him in the summer

I would have made those changes yes. Although don't agree on Richarlison at all - he just needs to sort his own form out.

The manager wanted to back players who won last week and that's how I like it. But the players let him down badly. Godfrey was poor and Holgate was abysmal. If anything, he should have been ruthless and took him off at half time, but that's not his style.

We need them to be ruthless during the summer but I doubt we'll see anything of the sort.

But we were abysmal last week, I thought a manager of Ancelotti’s experience would’ve been able to recognise that. We won because of a goalkeeper throwing a crap cross into his own net. Sticking with that team was wrong.

Every year after Martinez first season, a bad spell and want the manager sacked.

Klopp had 4 seasons to win something, in his first they celebrate a draw against West Brom. OGS at United was in the verve of being sacked after a 4-0 defeat at Goodison 2 years ago and now he is one game away from winning the Europa League.

Every time we call for patience and time but this means nothing.

Exactly, based on last season Moyes would have been sacked and Chris Wilder would have been our manager. How did that one work out...
Absolutely, pretty sure sone of their scrotes were screaming for Klopp to go regularly at one point.

I`ve not said fire him, but we need to put pressure in him to achieve, it feels like he is being allowed to drift and falling in to the same trap as others...

There is zero pressure on him to perform thats the sad reality.

I have no doubt that he has a person will be trying his best as the top managers dont like losing but the root problem at this club is the same as its been in years:

No expectation to achieve.

Brands has wasted most of the £250 million he's spent in 3 seasons yet is rewarded with a contract.

Barely any players come through the academy yet heads do not roll.

Players like Gomes and Iwobi can stroll around week in week out whilst young players like Davies and Nkounkou are not given a sniff / roll of the dice.

There's too much nepotism at the club especially when the fans haven't been there to make their feelings known.

It was still ages ago, I don’t know how anyone can claim Carlo wants to shoehorn him into any team.

That said, Delph is still probably better than Davies Gomes or Siggurdson in a deeper midfield role so really all it does is shows the absolute paucity of options available to Carlo when Allan and Docuoure aren’t fit.

Now do we blame Carlo for this, the man who bought in Allan and Docuoure? Do we blame Brands? The person who has bought Allan Docuoure Gbamin (career defining injury) Gomes (career defining injury)? Or do we blame the administrations that bought: Siggurdson Schneiderlin Cleverley Besic Klaasen Rooney.

The midfield wouldn’t be an issue now if Allan Docuoure could stay fit most of the season and Gbamin and Gomes didn’t receive career defining injuries. Delph would be 5th cho CL e and Siggurdson and Davies wouldn’t play. The two injuries though to Silva’s big buys straight after selling Gueye absolutely screwed the club though and continues to do so.

I blame the recruitment over the last 2 DOF's. I'm still pretty surprised that Brands' contract was extended.

This isn't an Everton squad I can relate to at all. They make me not want to watch us play.

And I'm ok with that because:

1) Its not true.

2) The people who think that are obviously morons.
What's top true? We are in mid table with Aston Villa.
The football is the worst football I have ever seen. Even David Moyes football when we sat behind the ball and tried to counter attack during relegation fights was more enjoyable.

I have no doubt that he has a person will be trying his best as the top managers dont like losing but the root problem at this club is the same as its been in years:

Brands has wasted most of the £250 million he's spent in 3 seasons yet is rewarded with a contract.

Players like Gomes and Iwobi can stroll around week in week out whilst young players like Davies and Nkounkou are not given a sniff / roll of the dice.

There's too much nepotism at the club especially when the fans haven't been there to make their feelings known.

The bold is the key point. There hasn't been any incentive to achieve for many years. Failure is constantly spun as success. We may have improved this season but it is still heading towards failure and players need to be moved on due to that.

The manager isn't going anywhere mate. Cope harder.

I dont want him to go anywhere - but sucking the bloke off when any other manager putting in these types of performances would have been hammered just because he is Carlo Ancelotti is just as stupid as those calling for his head - its two sides of the same blinkered coin.

Literally Newcastle fans raving about Saint Rafael whilst slating Bruce for the same dour performances.

What's top true? We are in mid table with Aston Villa.
The football is the worst football I have ever seen. Even David Moyes football when we sat behind the ball and tried to counter attack during relegation fights was more enjoyable.
Its not true to say that I'm just accepting mid-table and crap, boring football. I hate how bad we are I just think that sacking another manager is a laughable suggestion and won't fix anything.

Last edited:

Agree apart from the Davies bit. I’ve seen too much of him if anything.

. We may have improved this season but it is still heading towards failure

Controversial this, but have we? We've improved on LAST season but last season we fired a manager.

Are we better this season than we was in Silvas first season? Im saying not because I enjoyed Silvas first season more, thought we played far better football with arguable a worse squad.

I dont want him to go anywhere - but sucking the bloke off when any other manager putting in these types of performances would have been hammered just because he is Carlo Ancelotti is just as stupid as those calling for his head - its two sides of the same blinkered coin.

Literally Newcastle fans raving about Saint Rafael whilst slating Bruce for the same dour performances.
You see that's where you have me wrong. You think I'm only taking this stance because the manager is Carlo Ancelotti. I'm not. I'd be saying the same thing about any manager at this point. The manager needs real backing at this point whoever he is because this endless cycle of hiring and firing managers is only go to hurt us long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back