Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he's done what he can with the squad, but let's not go overboard. He's done nothing that Moyes hasn't done with an equally poor West Ham squad.

And it's a poor league in general this season. given Covid and condensed fixtures The big teams have mostly struggled with Europe on top.

We have absolutely no one who can carry the ball in the final third like West Ham do with Lingard and Antonio, nor a player who can take advantage and break from midfield into the created space like Soucek.

They do not have a better squad than us, but they have a far better balance to the way they play. And that's more important.

We have absolutely no one who can carry the ball in the final third like West Ham do with Lingard and Antonio, nor a player who can take advantage and break from midfield into the created space like Soucek.

They do not have a better squad than us, but they have a far better balance to the way they play. And that's more important.
I'd say they have a better squad than us.

I think you are spot on mate.

The only goalscoring options that we have in midfield are James , who is hardly ever fit and Sigurdsson who is unreliable.

This must be addressed in the summer.

You say other trans are consistently underperforming
Given that all teams are playing under the same conditions why should we be any different and why not make the same exceptions for Carlo that you make for other teams
I was saying I was disappointed as it was an opportunity. The other teams that have been inconsistent ie arsenal, spurs, liverpool even chelsea have better squads and players than us. So if an opportunity presents itself, a club like everton and our mid table mediocrity over the last 25 years needed to take advantage of it. I felt carlo set up defensively this season , understandably against the top teams but not understandable against mid to lower table teams. It was a huge opportunity missed that will not come about again. So even though we might improve the squad this summer those teams I mentioned above will not perform as poor next season. Therefore this season was the best opportunity to take advantage of it. We didnt and that's my disappointment.

Does that 250 m include money from sales or not
Asking for a friend @theesk
Would love to be wrong but even in my wildest dreams I can't see us spending £250 million in 1 window.

Being extremely optomistic I could just about see Moshiri giving Carlo another £100 million plus ( perhaps ) money from sales.

We really dont have many assets that will realise much cash.

Kean is the obvious one and in the current market anything north of £30-35 million is a result.

Perhaps Mina £25 m Bernard £10 m , Kenny £3 m ......can't see us being able to sell the likes of Gomes , Sigurdsson , Iwobi or Delph.

One from left field ( literally ) might be the sale of Richarlison if we promised him ( as was rumoured ) that he could leave if we didn't get CL. Having said that I really don't know who would come up with an offer that we might even consider ( £60 million ?)

I was saying I was disappointed as it was an opportunity. The other teams that have been inconsistent ie arsenal, spurs, liverpool even chelsea have better squads and players than us. So if an opportunity presents itself, a club like everton and our mid table mediocrity over the last 25 years needed to take advantage of it. I felt carlo set up defensively this season , understandably against the top teams but not understandable against mid to lower table teams. It was a huge opportunity missed that will not come about again. So even though we might improve the squad this summer those teams I mentioned above will not perform as poor next season. Therefore this season was the best opportunity to take advantage of it. We didnt and that's my disappointment.
We didn’t because we had the same issues as other teams regarding congested fixtures and injuries
Other teams have deeper squads to help compensate
Do you think we could have played 4 games in 8 days Thurs-Sun-Tues-Thurs like United did

They could say they don't have a 20 goal striker or a player of the quality of Rodriguez or even Richarlison.

Lingard was a January loan, basically a Josh King signing, but has worked out better.

Would love to be wrong but even in my wildest dreams I can't see us spending £250 million in 1 window.

Being extremely optomistic I could just about see Moshiri giving Carlo another £100 million plus ( perhaps ) money from sales.

We really dont have many assets that will realise much cash.

Kean is the obvious one and in the current market anything north of £30-35 million is a result.

Perhaps Mina £25 m Bernard £10 m , Kenny £3 m ......can't see us being able to sell the likes of Iwobi or Delph.

One from left field ( literally ) might be the sale of Richarlison if we promised him ( as was rumoured ) that he could leave if we didn't get CL. Having said that I really don't know who would come up with an offer that we might even consider ( £60 million ?)
Without Ricarlison that’s 170 m to spend if it goes as you say
One or two more may go
Gomes perhaps 200m gross spend would not surprise me
No idea if it will happen but 100M plus sales would not surprise me
RB - CB-RW-CM -CF needed plus maybe one or two youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back