Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he had around the sameHe’s bought Godfrey, doucoure, Allan and Hamez.
Sam bought Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott for just £10m less
I'm not sure he did buy those players, either way yes the recruitment is way better, but is the style of play? Especially as we do now have those much better players? I'm not a Sam fan or a Carlo hater, but look at the squad Sam had to choose from compared to Carlo.

List Of Ancelotti Trophies​

3X CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2013/14

· AC Milan: 2006/07

· Milan AC: 2002/03

1X ENGLISH CHAMPION​

· Chelsea FC: 2009/10

1X ENGLISH FA CUP WINNER​

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER​

1X GERMAN CHAMPION​

· Bayern Munich: 2016/17

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION​

· Milan AC: 2003/04

1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER​

1X ITALIAN SUPER CUP WINNER​

· AC Milan: 2004/05

1X FRENCH CHAMPION​

· Paris Saint-Germain: 2012/13

2X FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP WINNER​

· Real Madrid: 2014/15

· AC Milan: 2007/08

3X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER​

2X GERMAN SUPER CUP WINNER​

· Bayern Munich: 2017/18

1X ENGLISH SUPER CUP WINNER​

Just a little reminder of who are boss is and what he's achieved.
He has picked up a trophy all most every year since 2002/03, yes he has probably never worked with players like we have before so don't think he can just waltz in and make us great again. Once he has 7/8 players that he wants then I'm sure we will see a different style and even more positive results.
I'm 100% behind him because were not getting anyone better.

1X ENGLISH CHAMPION​

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER​

1X GERMAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER​

1X FRENCH CHAMPION​

3X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER​

He has picked up a trophy all most every year since 2002/03, yes he has probably never worked with players like we have before so don't think he can just waltz in and make us great again. Once he has 7/8 players that he wants then I'm sure we will see a different style and even more positive results.
But graham potter plays good football etc.

Carlo and Brands went for short term players who were older to get us Europe. That was what his goal was this year. If we don't finish 7th at the worst this season would be a failure. Don't really care about the "we were closer in points to Champions league than 2 years ago" trophy.

He bought two 'older' players. Two players who will both be part of the squad next season, might I add.

Stop talking nonsense. And stop acting like we went with a policy of 'this season or bust.'

1X ENGLISH CHAMPION​

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER​

1X GERMAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER​

1X FRENCH CHAMPION​

3X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER​

Finally some common sense!

I'm not sure he did buy those players, either way yes the recruitment is way better, but is the style of play? Especially as we do now have those much better players? I'm not a Sam fan or a Carlo hater, but look at the squad Sam had to choose from compared to Carlo.
Big Sam definitely bought them two. No, we are the worst football team in the league, but the squad is awful, the midifield in particular. But give me Carlo, who actually has a chance of turning us into winners, any day over that gravy swilling pig. His target was to stay in the league, anything other than that and he wouldn’t have a clue.

1X ENGLISH CHAMPION​

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER​

1X GERMAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION​

1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER​

1X FRENCH CHAMPION​

3X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER​

I want it nooooooooooow

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh

Pass me the god damn talcum powder.

He bought two 'older' players. Two players who will both be part of the squad next season, might I add.

Stop talking nonsense. And stop acting like we went with a policy of 'this season or bust.'
He's come out multiple times and said the goal this year is Europe. Not 8th. If we don't finish 7th or better he has failed in what the goal was.

Don't understand what's so difficult for you to understand about that.

It's both really. We need a lot of spending and the right spending. You can't compete with the teams above us with a 50 or 60m spend in a summer. These teams spend more than that on single players and Chelsea spent 4 times that last summer.

We gave Koeman far more money than Ancelotti got so I'd say it's time to change that.

The lack of quality in the team around the box was dreadful yesterday. If I was a manager I'd be ready to give up lol

Carlo needs 250 mill in the summer to get us challenging next season, like Chelsea got last summer and look where they are now. Time he was backed. We didn't do enough in Jan.

What people have to get their heads around is that we have a staggeringly poor squad, but a very good spine to the first eleven.

So what he's done is the only thing he could do - set us up to be hard to beat and nick games. It's terrible to watch, truly awful, but football is a results business and Ancelotti has got results. We're the worst side in living memory to still be in European contention with a few games to go, I truly believe that, and he deserves credit for it.

Is he immune to criticism? No. He's made questionable decisions at times and reasonable critique of him is fine. But a craftsman is only as good as the tools he's got. He's playing unbearable dross like Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi 20-30 times a season. The players brought in during his time here - Godfrey, James, Allan, Doucoure - have generally been standouts in a dismal season.

So the answer is time. He needs time. The alternative is Eddie Howe. Anyone calling for his head are insane. I get it, we're crap to watch, we're frustrating, but stop wetting the bed and put some context on the situation; the fella can only polish a turd so much, it's still a turd. We need to replace the turd, and the summer is - hopefully - where it starts. It's obvious to everyone what the issues are - a new right back, a wide attacker, depth up front, legs and dynamism in midfield, probably a more athletic centre-half to partner Godfrey so we can play higher etc. etc. So just sit back and see what happens.

I agree that he's done what he can with the squad, but let's not go overboard. He's done nothing that Moyes hasn't done with an equally poor West Ham squad.

And it's a poor league in general this season. given Covid and condensed fixtures The big teams have mostly struggled with Europe on top.

He's come out multiple times and said the goal this year is Europe. Not 8th. If we don't finish 7th or better he has failed in what the goal was.

Don't understand what's so difficult for you to understand about that.

He has high standards. So what? You've spent months pushing this myth that he was tasked by Moshiri and Brands to deliver Europe. I asked you the other day to provide evidence of this. You never replied. I see now you've just gone back to saying "oh, he said he wanted Europe."

You're also one of the people who've been pushing the "he bought old players to get us Europe this season," agenda. I'm guessing you think we should flog them all now then? Seeing as in your logic they were only bought for this season.

It's been a season of progress. Me and many others are happy with that. Somebody posted a poll earlier that showed the majority of people expected us to finish about 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back