Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Ricarlison that’s 170 m to spend if it goes as you say
One or two more may go
Gomes perhaps 200m gross spend would not surprise me
No idea if it will happen but 100M plus sales would not surprise me
RB - CB-RW-CM -CF needed plus maybe one or two youngsters
Totally agree that we need ( as starters ) RB , CM , RW and CB plus a couple of squad fillers ( perhaps even more if we fluke Europe ) .

If Carlo had say £150 million to spend I think that he could do a lot of damage.

Mind you if Brands is spending it he could also do a lot of damage but not necessarily in a good way!

Totally agree that we need ( as starters ) RB , CM , RW and CB plus a couple of squad fillers ( perhaps even more if we fluke Europe ) .

If Carlo had say £150 million to spend I think that he could do a lot of damage.

Mind you if Brands is spending it he could also do a lot of damage but not necessarily in a good way!
Were not spending 150m this summer, no chance.

I'd say they have a better squad than us.
West Ham? Nah not for me, it's just that Moyes has them playing a style that suits and gets the best out of what he's got. Not sure we can say the same for Carlo, I just see 11 players thrown onto the pitch and told to try to be good at football.

West Ham? Nah not for me, it's just that Moyes has them playing a style that suits and gets the best out of what he's got. Not sure we can say the same for Carlo, I just see 11 players thrown onto the pitch and told to try to be good at football.

Really? You dont think he's getting the most from a squad that i dont even know the most blue tinted Evertonian even rates.

Really? You dont think he's getting the most from a squad that i dont even know the most blue tinted Evertonian even rates.
That's the crux of the whole thing for me. I don't think he's underachieving, but I'd be hard pressed to say he's getting the absolute most out of them if i'm honest. It's why I hate the polarity of the way the argument is always framed. I don't think he's doing a bad job, or needs to be sacked, or that we should be in the top 4, but I also don't buy into the idea that the squad is so horrifically bad that it's asking too much to be able to play the odd team off the park or to be slightly higher in the table. Without wanting to go back down the whole 'but we've got more points though' argument, finishing 8th is finishing 8th. If that's what we do then I think it's pretty underwhelming.

He’s not wrong though is he? Can you see a game plan when we go onto the pitch, do you know what our players are trying to achieve? Can you see any patterns/training ground routines being carried out? To me it just looks like we throw a load of players out there and wing it.

That's the crux of the whole thing for me. I don't think he's underachieving, but I'd be hard pressed to say he's getting the absolute most out of them if i'm honest. It's why I hate the polarity of the way the argument is always framed. I don't think he's doing a bad job, or needs to be sacked, or that we should be in the top 4, but I also don't buy into the idea that the squad is so horrifically bad that it's asking too much to be able to play the odd team off the park or to be slightly higher in the table. Without wanting to go back down the whole 'but we've got more points though' argument, finishing 8th is finishing 8th. If that's what we do then I think it's pretty underwhelming.

8th is. And then i look at the squad. And i just posted in another thread. Five of our midfielders(regular starters) have scored 3 goals between the lot of them.
The squad needs major work. Major..

He’s not wrong though is he? Can you see a game plan when we go onto the pitch, do you know what our players are trying to achieve? Can you see any patterns/training ground routines being carried out? To me it just looks like we throw a load of players out there and wing it.
Poppycock!

I agree, but look at what he’s working with. No decent wingers at the club, Richarlison playing awful, lack of creativity in midfield and no solid RB. I just know things are going to be so much better next season.
To which one could ask the question why has he not signed a winger in his 18 months in charge. If we'd have bought Zaha in January we'd today be talking about whether we'd be in the CL next year, never mind the Europa Conference!

The thing with Carlo is he knows football. He knows all the different types of players in the game, and he knows what's required to compete at the very top. I think, eventually, he'll make a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back