Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done well. He's yet to make a silk purse but some of our play involving James, Godfrey and Allan has been bordering on what's required for top four.

We need better players in all areas.
I think to say hes done well is stretching it.

Hes done a job, hes got us some very good results and some very bad results, middle of the road for me.

I think to say hes done well is stretching it.

Hes done a job, hes got us some very good results and some very bad results, middle of the road for me.
I think that's fair ( to quote Catcher) .
I think that there are managers who would have done better with this group of players and others who would have done worse.
However if Carlo is truly is this for the long term then I can't think of another manager who is likely to do a better job or who I would want.

I think that there are managers who would have done better with this group of players and others who would have done worse.
However if Carlo is truly is this for the long term then I can't think of another manager who is likely to do a better job or who I would want.
Jazzy do you have doubts that Carlo is in it for the long term?

Jazzy do you have doubts that Carlo is in it for the long term?
Great question.
Yes I have a doubt particularly if an old flame like Milan came calling.
However on balance I'm more inclined to think that Carlo believes in the project and wants to be a massive part of the renaissance of a once great club.
Having read his book I actually believe that or at the very least want to believe that.
I think that he is a loyal and principled man.

More or less said in the press conference we're sh!te when we try to open up and play on the front foot.
The fella knows. He's managed at the top table for 25 years. Its ridiculous to suggest he doesnt.
Pointless saying anymore until the transfer window this summer.

Tbh i was'nt keen when he first came for a number of reasons but whilst we transition through the period into BMD i think he probably is the best person for the job at the moment to keep things held together.

Carlo needs 250 mill in the summer to get us challenging next season, like Chelsea got last summer and look where they are now. Time he was backed. We didn't do enough in Jan.

He needs CB RB CM AM GK at minimum.

We can probably generate £100mil in sales towards it.

There has to be a big sweep of the broom.

However short or long his tenure will be, he will be remembered with fondness, unlike a few other recent occupants of the managerial chair. As to whether he will ever achieve anything worth while in the time he is here, only those who can read the future will be able to tell us. Perhaps those who are accomplished at polishing turds will give us an idea of what his chances are.

I don't get all of these done a great job shouts at all. Love the guy and he will undoubtedly do great as we progress into the future and he builds his own team but to say he has done great this season is an over statement. It has just been average this season consisting of some good and long overdue results and a hell of a lot of shockingly poor ones. Our home form is absolutely embarrassing. 1 home game we have won out of the last 10 i.e in 2021. That is what has cost us a place in Europe. The sooner this season is over the better for me. Cannot remember the last time i enjoyed watching us play.

I look forward to Carlo's future teams and performances in the seasons to come when he doesn't have to carry dead weight around his ankles.

He's essentially done what Sam Allardyce did: started at the back and improved our defensive organisation. For reference, we've gone from conceding 16 goals from set pieces in 18/19 (the most in the league), to 15 last season (joint 3rd), to seven this season. Providing we don't see a load bundled in during the last three games, that's a huge improvement in at least one of the major parts of futbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back