Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the one tasked with making the complete set. I don't know that he's got the lid to the box though. What's the end look like?
GettyImages-493647631-e1576087369658.jpg

We are 10 points behind them.

With a game in hand, so maybe 7 points once we have played the same amount of games. Leicester are ahead, but it's hardly miles in front.

Over the season and a half Ancelotti has been here I doubt we are 10 points behind them. It was a lot wider under Silva.

We spent a 4 month stretch not creating anything and ended up in Europe contention anyway. And I suspect you'll give me something about being solid but we were never that good defensively for me. I mean we're going to emd up about 10th in goals conceded. I just think we're a midtable team who with 3 games left might sneak Europe and that's above the level we've played at this year.

Ok fair enough.

We have had stretches of game where we have been good defensively havent we?

Would you not say our injury record, worse than anyone elses in the league probably makes us more unlucky than lucky?

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion mate, but I'm not sure objectively we have been lucky. Given the points total we will get, we will be unlucky not to be in Europe.

When you say there’s a group of teams where there isn’t that much between them, I agree, but our group is Everton, Arsenal and West Ham, while there group is more Liverpool and Spurs.
Villa and Leeds are closer to our group then we are to the Leicester.
Teams come up from the Championship and are on Everton's level in two or three years.

Ok fair enough.

We have had stretches of game where we have been good defensively havent we?

Would you not say our injury record, worse than anyone elses in the league probably makes us more unlucky than lucky?

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion mate, but I'm not sure objectively we have been lucky. Given the points total we will get, we will be unlucky not to be in Europe.
I feel like it's tough to blame our injury record when the players we signed were likely to be injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back